Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlocking Doors While in Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have only had my Model Y for a couple weeks and I can't seem to figure out how (if possible) to unlock all car doors when in drive. I drop and pick up my daughter to and from school each day and trying to figure out how to unlock the doors for her to get in once I pull up has been an issue. The only way I seem to be able to do it is putting the car in park and hitting the unlock button on the screen twice (hitting once only opens the drivers door). Is there a better solution for this or am I stuck with that method?

If the person exiting the car is in the front seat, you don't need to unlock the doors. The passenger can just open the door anyway.
Passengers in the rear seat can do the same actually. As long as child locks aren't active, rear passenger just needs to hit the door button twice, and it will unlock/open on the second press. OP was talking about unlocking the door so somebody outside can open the door.

Upvote 0