Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unpaid supercharging session

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an unpaid supercharging session from today that I don't seem to have the ability to pay. My card is still valid (I removed and re-added it just in case) but still nothing. When I check the app I see it as unpaid but in the online account, it does not appear. From what I have read there should be an option to pay but I can't see the session.

Do they also restrict TACC and autopilot when you have an unpaid session? After I left the supercharger TACC and autopilot was unavailable and even after a reboot it still didn't come back

Yeah it was working previously but today it just decided not to take the payment.

I'll see what the app says tomorrow. Hopefully the TACC and autopilot stuff sorts itself out and is not related to unpaid supercharging sessions

I thought it you had a card registered (and working / valid etc.) that was all that was needed (no actual action to make payment required)

I seem to remember something about data updating overnight - so possibly that status will clear overnight?
They might do some sort of housekeeping overnight but all my charges were settled pretty much instantly whenever I’ve Supercharged…

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I read somewhere that various servers are down at the moment which maybe compounding the problem, but the way to clear a missed payment used to be via MyTesla and not the app. That info is a little old but might be worth a try.

And yes, they have been known to stop supercharging if there are unpaid sessions.

Hopefully the TACC and autopilot stuff sorts itself out and is not related to unpaid supercharging sessions
Raise a service request. Highly unlikely this is related to your SuC payments, but may be a symptom of something worse about to happen.
What message are you getting re TACC and Autosteer? (Autopilot is everything including TACC, Autosteer, etc)

I will see what it's like once the supercharger session clears and I'm back at the car. Just seems very strange that it stopped just after supercharging
As has been said above sometimes payments aren’t taken for up to 48 hours, if your card is registered & live then don’t worry payment will be taken in due course. I think the tacc issue is something different, so raise a service request if you’re still concerned.