Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged for 9 days , my X90D lost 70 kms of range....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for a cruise last week and left my almost fully charged X90D (409 kms) in a heated garage where the average temperature is 25 C. I did the usual good things to save energy before I left so no need to inquire....To my surprise, I came back 9 days later with only 339 kms of range. I expected a loss, but not that much. I wonder if I had left it outside with close to zero C average temperature..... Food for thought

How often did you check on the car from the app? And do you use any 3rd party apps for you Tesla? Every time you open the app on your phone, it wakes the car up and causes it to waste more energy. It shouldn't have much of an effect if you aren't checking it multiple times a day though. The 3rd party apps tend to be the culprit. They usually aren't written that well so they keep pinging the car and keep it from going into a deep sleep.

The other potential wild card is did you turn off the smart preconditioning? It's possible that the car warmed itself up each morning and afternoon for your normal commute.

How often did you check on the car from the app? And do you use any 3rd party apps for you Tesla? Every time you open the app on your phone, it wakes the car up and causes it to waste more energy. It shouldn't have much of an effect if you aren't checking it multiple times a day though. The 3rd party apps tend to be the culprit. They usually aren't written that well so they keep pinging the car and keep it from going into a deep sleep.

The other potential wild card is did you turn off the smart preconditioning? It's possible that the car warmed itself up each morning and afternoon for your normal commute.
I did not use the app for the whole trip. (I did use it daily on my previous trip and it was a disaster...)
I have no other app working with the car....Nor do I use preconditioning, ever....

Not an X, but my S was unplugged for 30 days for shipment from Hawaii to Florida. It lost 58 miles including the 17 miles the shippers drove it . You may not be getting deep sleep during storage. There are a variety of causes, most mentioned above. Ask Tesla to run the logs to see if there are any oddities.