Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged P3D vs GT3 RS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that I do have a heavily modded P3D with Unplugged suspension, BFB brake kit, track wheels with 315's, etc.. ). I think I could hang with a GT3 RS. I have found myself tracking with these guys on multiple occasions. Turns seem to be no issue and I can actually put pressure on them. The problem is top speed! They pull away on straights! If I can get more downforce for the long sweepers and perfect my lines for good track out speed, it could be close! What do you guys think?

Given that I do have a heavily modded P3D with Unplugged suspension, BFB brake kit, track wheels with 315's, etc.. ). I think I could hang with a GT3 RS. I have found myself tracking with these guys on multiple occasions. Turns seem to be no issue and I can actually put pressure on them. The problem is top speed! They pull away on straights! If I can get more downforce for the long sweepers and perfect my lines for good track out speed, it could be close! What do you guys think?

The Model 3 handles exceptionally well. There isn't much I cannot hang with in the turns. Straights over ~110mph are a problem. But, the bigger issue is the overheating drivetrain. I go from hanging with GT3's and GT4's to the car falling on its face and going into "Miata Mode".

The Model 3 handles exceptionally well. There isn't much I cannot hang with in the turns. Straights over ~110mph are a problem. But, the bigger issue is the overheating drivetrain. I go from hanging with GT3's and GT4's to the car falling on its face and going into "Miata Mode".

Miata Mode should be a thing of the past as more aftermarket cooling solutions come into play. I'm not sure how much this will help those of us without Track Mode's cooling features, but for the Performance it looks like help is on the way!
MPP.R Nür Rear Drive Unit Oil Cooler PRE-ORDER | Mountain Pass Performance

Reactions: MountainPass
Reactions: MoreAgain

Looks like the battery is possibly limiting you. I heard UPP was doing some experimental cooling.