Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Adjustable Front Upper Arms Installed and Thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have run -4* with them and not had any rubbing issues, but I am not sure where you would be expecting the rub. I think I could easily get to -5* maxed out. I run around 7* of caster with them. I have enjoyed the arms so far in my use over the last year and half. I do like the quick flip of the ball joint for the quick change in camber. I will say though that after doing probably 12 alignments on the car you need to make sure to use antiseize on all components as they will start to have problems.
At 7 degrees of caster what is the difference in adjustment between your front and rear turnbuckle?

Yes, please. I am trying to collect as much data as possible on the difference in adjustment and caster settings.
I think your best bet is getting your car on an alignment rack and finding how much degree gain you get from a full rotation of the hex. Relying on different cars for this sort of measurement is not going to prove very useful imo. like someone said earlier, the position of the carrier effects these numbers by a fair amount.

I am after the caster data not camber.
Have you seen other camber arms rub at -3?
I have run -4* with them and not had any rubbing issues, but I am not sure where you would be expecting the rub. I think I could easily get to -5* maxed out. I run around 7* of caster with them. I have enjoyed the arms so far in my use over the last year and half. I do like the quick flip of the ball joint for the quick change in camber. I will say though that after doing probably 12 alignments on the car you need to make sure to use antiseize on all components as they will start to have problems.
My concern was/is the FUCA hitting the body and FUCA mount under heavy load/compression. Whether or not it's an issue may be influenced by the coilovers, ride height, spring choice, or several other factors, but I hadn't actually heard of anyone running more than -3 so I was curious what the experience had been. @subieworx what coilovers are you running?

See photo below for what I mean.

Screenshot_20220427-181403.png

My concern was/is the FUCA hitting the body and FUCA mount under heavy load/compression. Whether or not it's an issue may be influenced by the coilovers, ride height, spring choice, or several other factors, but I hadn't actually heard of anyone running more than -3 so I was curious what the experience had been. @subieworx what coilovers are you running?

See photo below for what I mean.

View attachment 798217
That’sa god point for people with bags. The frame is designed for the OEM arms. If these are installed and I air out, will I damage something?

I am running UP Luxury coilovers, but will soon be in for a switch to something more sport oriented.

I have not noticed any rubbing at all, but next time I have the car in the air I will check
Are you running AutoX or track days with the car? Just trying to understand the different use cases.
That’sa god point for people with bags. The frame is designed for the OEM arms. If these are installed and I air out, will I damage something?
I would guess that for bags this would result in the frame contacting the arm. As you can see in my photo, the arms I have are about as close as you can get without contacting the frame under full compression. There doesn't appear to be as substantial a bend in the UP arm, and it looks like the pill area would contact the frame with a lot of camber. It would probably be fine at lower camber values, though. So, again, this is probably setup and use case dependent.

Hey there Motion!

Blake from UP, Our Front Upper Control Arms (FUCA) have laser etched indicators to denote the Front Left, and Right front arms. Their design is asymmetrical to improve the adjustability of the camber, caster, and toe. We can tell the front and rear turnbuckle using this indicator and correct orientation. Let us know if you have any questions!
Can you help on this. I have Meghan Racing upper control arms and have set camber at 3 degrees. Caster is 6 degrees each side. I have a crashing sound over sharp ridge's and potholes. Have MMP comfort set at 13/11 front and 11/9 rear. The shock seats are set at 50mm so ride height is about 1 inch tire to wheel arch edge. So oh wise one any thoughts?

Can you help on this. I have Meghan Racing upper control arms and have set camber at 3 degrees. Caster is 6 degrees each side. I have a crashing sound over sharp ridge's and potholes. Have MMP comfort set at 13/11 front and 11/9 rear. The shock seats are set at 50mm so ride height is about 1 inch tire to wheel arch edge. So oh wise one any thoughts?
if your ride height is set to MPP recommendations, then you should look at the upper control arms. Some of them don't clear the upper shock mounting area(if you look at MPP & UP, they are both curved for clearance).