TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

unplugged Performance air lowering kit.

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by zanardi43, Mar 3, 2017.

1. zanardi43

zanardi43 Member

I just got a Model X P90D (yes, I realize I'm posting in the Model S section) and I'm already wanting less wheel well gap...thinking it's time to lower it. I've been lucky to own quite a few high-end performance cars over the years and I've modified every one from mild to extensive. I've never had air suspension though and obviously have no plans to track my model X, so this time lowering is just about aesthetics. Anyone have experience with this product from Unplugged Performance?

Sports Air Suspension Lowering Kit for Tesla Model X - Unplugged Performance

If so, I'd be very appreciative of advice.

Thanks

2. gnelson

gnelson Member

I lowered my Model S using adjustable links. I can't remember who sold them. It wasn't Unplugged Performance. Artsci has a great post about them. It is easy and I have had no problems. I have taken 2 long road trips since.

3. The Duke

The Duke Member

Just include the cost of a wheel alignment at the new ride height.

4. NSX1992

NSX1992 Member

$495 is way too much. I paid $125 for my Model S lowering kit 2 years ago. I did not do a wheel alignment as the lowering was only 3/4" and I do not see any unusual wear on the tires.

5. DmAnGuS

DmAnGuS New Member

I was looking at the same thing, the unplugged product for my p85d. I didn't like the idea of replacing links, mainly because i have now clue as to the complexity of it. I wanted to still have the option of going back to OEM if I needed. According to what i am reading, the unplugged product should give me that, not to mention the look is exactly what i am looking for.

Is there any one here who have this product installed and can give a quick review? I also like the fact that the install time is stated to be like 30 minutes, this suggest i can DIY it as I can do some basic mechanical work especially if its a bolt on.

Thanks for posting this zanardi43, I will ride your wave to make my decision.

6. zanardi43

zanardi43 Member

I hope we both get our wish and someone who has thes UPP links can chime in with their experience.

Also, I still can't seem to get anyone to tell me if in fact the alignment has enough play/adjustability to accommodate this degree of lowering. I've lowered 10+ cars, but always knew what I was in for before jumping in. I HATE wheel well gap.