Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Coilover + Review & Pics SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a back story, I've never had any coilovers installed on any car and this is my first experience owning one let alone, driving one. This was also the most expensive modification I've ever done to any cars I've owned. Having owned and modified a GTI and Focus ST, I definitely learned the importance of high quality parts, labor/installation and R&D.

Originally, I wanted to just lower the car with springs for my SR+ and have done enough research to take everyone's word for it. When I ordered the springs through UP, it was backordered and did not mind the waiting time. After a long 3 month wait, I reconsidered everything and ultimately went for the coilovers. Fast forward last week, I had it installed and couldn't be any happier with the service and product I received. They reached out to me shortly after the install to come in and do another inspection and make sure everything was to my liking. I did point out a couple of things which were addressed in my follow up visit. Thank you to the UP team for making this an exceptional and fun process.

As far as ride quality, the coilovers, being an aftermarket PERFORMANCE part, will be definitely be much more "harder" or "sportier" than factory. I actually have mine set up out of the 32 or 34 clicks, have it set to 5 clicks all the way around and its quite comfortable around town and bumps and imperfections are def. noticeable but nothing crazy.

You will also notice there are Aspira Spacers in the pics- those are 15mm at the front and 20mm at the rear which imo gives the perfect stance with the 19inch factory wheels which I actually like a lot more than some aftermarket options.

Attachments

• IMG_3042.JPG
    IMG_3042.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_3040.JPG
    IMG_3040.JPG
    552.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_9995.jpeg
    IMG_9995.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_9994.jpeg
    IMG_9994.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0007.jpeg
    IMG_0007.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_9998.jpeg
    IMG_9998.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    608.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0009.jpeg
    IMG_0009.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 220
First off the car looks amazing - looks like you lowered the ride as well!
I had a similar experience with the UP coil-overs for the SR+, great service and product.

I used them to improve ride comfort instead of getting a more performance ride.

Would you consider adding in the UP sway bars in the future? I'm considering it at the moment, but have already had a second hand stock one installed for the rear wheels (odd the SR+ doesn't come with it). Not sure what the subjective or objective performance increase would be.

First off the car looks amazing - looks like you lowered the ride as well!
I had a similar experience with the UP coil-overs for the SR+, great service and product.

I used them to improve ride comfort instead of getting a more performance ride.

Would you consider adding in the UP sway bars in the future? I'm considering it at the moment, but have already had a second hand stock one installed for the rear wheels (odd the SR+ doesn't come with it). Not sure what the subjective or objective performance increase would be.
At this point, I am not. I’m quite happy with the set up I have now for a daily driver and occasional spirited driving on the canyons. I’m not sure exactly how much of an impact but if I choose to do more, I’ll def be doing that.
Would like to touch up the visual/aesthetics of the car a bit next.

Thanks for the review and the pics; I’m waiting for my new Signature wheels and M3P to arrive (car delivery on Tuesday, wheels should arrive soon) and then I’ll schedule my install at UP. I’m having coilovers, rear camber arms, and sway bars installed, already purchased everything while I’ve been waiting for my car. I’ve got a few MPP parts I’ll bring as well.

Totally looking forward to getting it all together; your car looks great, just the right drop IMO.

Thanks for the review and the pics; I’m waiting for my new Signature wheels and M3P to arrive (car delivery on Tuesday, wheels should arrive soon) and then I’ll schedule my install at UP. I’m having coilovers, rear camber arms, and sway bars installed, already purchased everything while I’ve been waiting for my car. I’ve got a few MPP parts I’ll bring as well.

Totally looking forward to getting it all together; your car looks great, just the right drop IMO.
Thank you! The coils are def amazing and they nailed it on the dot based on what I was looking for. As far as stiffness, I went with 5 clicks from soft since its my daily and quite happy with it; def stiffer than stock but def daily-able. And please send over some pictures once your build is done! Space X is just next door so you can snag a nice pic next to the Falcon 9 booster.

I also recommend going to Song's Alignment which is about a mile away from the shop. They did my alignment after hours ( I called in advanced) because tuning for suspension took time and paid about $120 + I tipped the guy some $$ for staying for me to get it aligned before my ride back to Valencia.

Thank you! The coils are def amazing and they nailed it on the dot based on what I was looking for. As far as stiffness, I went with 5 clicks from soft since its my daily and quite happy with it; def stiffer than stock but def daily-able. And please send over some pictures once your build is done! Space X is just next door so you can snag a nice pic next to the Falcon 9 booster.

I also recommend going to Song's Alignment which is about a mile away from the shop. They did my alignment after hours ( I called in advanced) because tuning for suspension took time and paid about $120 + I tipped the guy some $$ for staying for me to get it aligned before my ride back to Valencia.
Thanks! I’ll be snapping plenty of pics as it comes together. I was under the impression that UP would be able to align me afterwards; good that you mentioned otherwise and thanks for the recommendation- I’ll give Song’s a call once I schedule installation.

Thanks! I’ll be snapping plenty of pics as it comes together. I was under the impression that UP would be able to align me afterwards; good that you mentioned otherwise and thanks for the recommendation- I’ll give Song’s a call once I schedule installation.
I thought the same when I first inquired. They bring all their cars to the same alignment shop.

Reactions: Gimmethecash