Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Coilovers - check front cables for rust!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please see attached photo of mine. Knob broke off and discovered rust in the wrapping and also the internal cable broke inside the knob. Will be installing replacements as soon as they arrive. Only on the car for 10 months and garaged indoors. Never spent too much time in the rain or snow.

IMG_0398.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: kbecks13 and bcpm3p
@webbah thanks for letting us know about this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience! We have already sent a set of replacement set of adjusters and you should be receiving them in the mail in just a few days. We'll also be sending you some instructions with photos to replace these in the case you want to replace it yourself.

We're currently working with our team to understand what may have happened in this case. We'll update with further instructions if necessary.

- Unplugged Performance team

@webbah thanks for letting us know about this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience! We have already sent a set of replacement set of adjusters and you should be receiving them in the mail in just a few days. We'll also be sending you some instructions with photos to replace these in the case you want to replace it yourself.

We're currently working with our team to understand what may have happened in this case. We'll update with further instructions if necessary.

- Unplugged Performance team

Thank you! David Chi has been quick to respond and I received the parts today which was super fast from the US to Switzerland. Thank you! I will hold off on installing though until I receive the instructions. The problem is a bit more complicated as the adjustment knob on the top of the coilover (which the extension attaches to) also broke. He sent replacements for those too. I'm just hoping I can swap those out without having to take the coilover off. Kudos!

I just want to send a big shout out to @UnpluggedP for stellar customer service. David Chi has gone the extra mile to sort out my issues. It turns out it was more than the extension cables degrading, but the adjuster itself had seized.

Unplugged is sending me 2 new front coilovers with updated extenders they are salt water testing now to be sure they don't degrade under harsh conditions. Kudos!

I also had an issue with my UPP front Swaybar as I had one of the first revisions. In the middle setting this was hitting the end links with sharp turns. He's also sending me the updated front Sway which resolves this issue.

We often hear complaints on the forums. I think it's wise to also send out good feedback when customer service makes things right. Thanks again team @UnpluggedP!

Seems occasionally UP parts have some minor design flaws but have to give it to them for service like this and how quickly they take the customer feedback for updating the part. I've dealt with David as well and can honestly say he is a great guy - hopefully this plug (no pun intended) doesn't bombard him with requests :). What was most appreciated about this story is that it didn't sound like they were wasting anyone's time in trying to find customer blame and just dealt with the issue.

Reactions: Mash and webbah