Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance - Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs for Model Y

Y_NOT

Jun 3, 2020
California
Started having this issue as well :( like backing out of driveway i hear creaking, pop noise while turning. I can only hear on the drivers side

cliffwang89

Aug 27, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Just got the car back from Unplugged after they swapped out the front springs. So far so good. No more noises on slow full lock turns. Unplugged swapped out the springs for free under their warranty. Their warranty doesn't cover alignment though...so looks like i'll need to go get that re-done.

52 16 57 39

BioDiesel & Electrons
Nov 20, 2020
Tacoma, WA
@cliffwang89

Thanks for the update. I’ve emailed them, then returned email, and I sent a video with the noise from the drivers front - but I’d suspect it’s also on the passenger - but I cannot hear it yet.

I’ll wait for a their response. They have been pretty good so far.

52 16 57 39

BioDiesel & Electrons
Nov 20, 2020
Tacoma, WA
UPP said via email my front springs are under warranty & they will send me new front springs. No safety issues - replace when necessary. The rears are just fine.

When I install them - I’ll take pictures to show the difference between the June 2020 versions that make the popping/pinging noise and the new April 2021 version.

BMax_V.2

Apr 14, 2020
Bay Area
Having issues with noise from what seems like the front end myself.

Obnoxiously loud and pronounce while driving through a parking structure.

Emailed unplugged. Let's see what their response will be...

UnpluggedP

Vendor
Mar 27, 2014
Hawthorne, CA
Having issues with noise from what seems like the front end myself.

Obnoxiously loud and pronounce while driving through a parking structure.

Emailed unplugged. Let's see what their response will be...

Hello BMax_V.2,

Please check your inbox. We'd like to get your email or phone number used to order to help you out with your issue further!

For any support related questions, please email our support team at [email protected]

Thank you!

Alex911

Apr 27, 2021
Canada
Anyone know when the lowering spring will be available again? still in pre-order... and I don't know any other company that are doing lowering spring for the Model Y at the moment..

BMax_V.2

Apr 14, 2020
Bay Area
Unplugged responded with my spring noise concern and promised replacement under warranty. The new replacement will address the noise according to them. However, due to production delays, I, like many of you will have to wait. No fault to unplugged. Customer service has been outstanding thus far.

cdquevedo

May 4, 2021
Miramar, FL
Still waiting on my order 🤦
When did you order it? I'm still waiting too since January, and the only email I got from David said that I was going to get my order delivered "late April"... we're in May and I don't have my springs... If Eibach make the model Y springs before I got the delivery from Unplugged I'll ask my money back...

Young Phenom

Mar 21, 2020
Florida
When did you order it? I'm still waiting too since January, and the only email I got from David said that I was going to get my order delivered "late April"... we're in May and I don't have my springs... If Eibach make the model Y springs before I got the delivery from Unplugged I'll ask my money back...
Think I ordered about March 1st.

I recently got an email from them saying they've doubled their workforce and should have enough stock late this month to fulfill all orders.

We'll see though.

Alex911

Apr 27, 2021
Canada
I've spoked with someone also last Friday and he told be the delay is 4 to 6 weeks after order... So I've give the deposit...but now you guys are making me wondering if I will really get it in 6 weeks... xD lol

Alex911

Apr 27, 2021
Canada
You mention a Deposit, I only see the option to pay in full for preorder?
yeah I've wrote an email on the contact page from unplugged and there is Kirk who works there who contact me after that. He made a PayPal invoice for the kit and I gave a deposit of 50% now and will pay the other 50% when order will be ready to ship.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC