Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance - Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree completely the pictures above look much lower. There is no way I'm fitting 3 fingers between the tire and the wheel well in those pictures.

Loudon County Exotics is where several people in the DC Tesla group advised me to go. They were $1100 with an alignment (which both shops strongly advised us to do). After hearing the place UPP recommended was $300 less including the alignment, I figured that was the place to go. Both places said it was basically an all day job and they would need the car all day. Both shops were about an hour away. I'm guessing there are more performance shops in LA compared to the DC area so there isn't much competition.

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow.

When we picked up the car, we couldn't see any difference in the height. We thought when we parked it next to our other Performance Y we would. Unfortunately, we didn't. I can put 3 fingers in between the front driver's side wheel well with a tiny, tiny bit of wiggle room on the non-lowered Y, I put 3 fingers somewhat tightly on the lowered Y.

Mine is definitely lower vs. with stock springs

Attachments

• my2.jpeg
    my2.jpeg
    493.7 KB · Views: 909
I agree completely the pictures above look much lower. There is no way I'm fitting 3 fingers between the tire and the wheel well in those pictures.

Loudon County Exotics is where several people in the DC Tesla group advised me to go. They were $1100 with an alignment (which both shops strongly advised us to do). After hearing the place UPP recommended was $300 less including the alignment, I figured that was the place to go. Both places said it was basically an all day job and they would need the car all day. Both shops were about an hour away. I'm guessing there are more performance shops in LA compared to the DC area so there isn't much competition.

I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow.
Pics and measurement would help a lot. Sounds fishy even “if” they installed the springs. Is there a visual way to verify?

Just to follow up as to why I haven't posted any pictures....Tesla is doing paint correct on our lowered Y and since they gave me a loaner S, I told them to take their time. They are certainly taking their time as the body shop (not Tesla owned) has delayed it by a week twice already. I'm okay with it but I thought I'd let you know that I'm not a troll or something just making up the issue.

• Disagree
Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Hello,

I have a Stealth Performance, will the Moderate Dual Rate Springs fit and if so what is the approximate amount it will lower the rear and the front?

I am looking to lower the rear approximately 2.5-3” and the front approximately 1.5-2”

Thanks for the info!

Just to follow up as to why I haven't posted any pictures....Tesla is doing paint correct on our lowered Y and since they gave me a loaner S, I told them to take their time. They are certainly taking their time as the body shop (not Tesla owned) has delayed it by a week twice already. I'm okay with it but I thought I'd let you know that I'm not a troll or something just making up the issue.
How about now?

That is my car in the post above lowered on the 20s. These springs are definitely pretty junk but didn't have super high expectations for the price point. Ride quality is okay but can be a little bouncy depending on the type of bump you hit. Also after about 4k miles the popping from thhe front springs has gotten unbearable and annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: WeooooooHuh
That is my car in the post above lowered on the 20s. These springs are definitely pretty junk but didn't have super high expectations for the price point. Ride quality is okay but can be a little bouncy depending on the type of bump you hit. Also after about 4k miles the popping from thhe front springs has gotten unbearable and annoying.

Did UPP say anything about the popping noise? I wonder if the new batch coming in has fixed this. Does the ride quality feel better than stock though, besides the popping sound?

I contacted them 3 weeks ago as my front was getting worse and I was tired of adjusting the plastic wrap. They responded a couple days later saying my front springs had been identified from a batch with a manufacturer defect and would replace them in 3-6 weeks when they get them and can ship them out. 3 week ticker hit today so I’ll probably email again at the end of the week to follow up.

• Helpful
Reactions: bpon89