Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance Dual Rate LOWERING Spring Set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice! Do you know what the front bumper ground clearance is for moderate drop? Sometimes when parking I misjudge where my bumper is in relation to curb stops and it would be terrible to smash my bumper on one!!

The bumper varies in height on different sections of the bumper, but the clearance will be dropped 1.5 inches for moderate and 2.1 inches for low.

BTW: same problem exactly if you use wheels with greater offset.
Exactly! Wheel adapters are no better or worse than wheels with offsets different than OEM. There are penalties to pay for using something different than OEM. If wheel bearings go bad because you are using rims with a different offset than OEM, you will pay for new wheel bearings because YOUR aftermarket rims are not covered under warranty.

I'm guessing 4-5 hours of labor will cost more than the springs :(
That usually is the case. When I had Dinan springs put on my BMW, the cost of installation totally outweighed the cost of the springs. Having said that, the springs made a world of difference in the handling of the car. I am interested in these springs but not looking to be the first guinea pig. So would like to see other people’s experience before pulling such a trigger.

@UnpluggedP ,
I'm sure all the potential buyers here would LOVE to see some data. There have been iPhone accelerometer apps and even videos of water cups bouncing around in an effort to show folks how bumpy the Model 3 is (compared to F150 or leaf or ...) We'd LOVE to see some of these details comparing stock vs your springs to help us witness that the softer portion of your dual-rate springs translate into real, measureable results!
What do you say?

Reactions: Ulmo
@UnpluggedP ,
I'm sure all the potential buyers here would LOVE to see some data. There have been iPhone accelerometer apps and even videos of water cups bouncing around in an effort to show folks how bumpy the Model 3 is (compared to F150 or leaf or ...) We'd LOVE to see some of these details comparing stock vs your springs to help us witness that the softer portion of your dual-rate springs translate into real, measureable results!
What do you say?

Ask and you shall receive! Check out this recent test video from Teslanomics

are you getting any request for an even softer spring rate and stock or near stock ride height spring?
would something like this be hard (expensive) for Hyperco to make if not producing them in bulk?

We have. We recently updated our product page to include our mild spring option which is the softest option with a 0.7" drop

Unplugged Performance | Dual Rate Lowering Springs for Tesla Model 3

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and Ulmo
The stock Model 3 has front concentric spring/damper (shock) units, which are commonly call "coil-overs". In the rear springs and dampers are separate. The dual rate springs don't change this arrangement.
Sorry, Unplugged is working on some after market coilovers that drop the height. I was wondering how the ride compares between these dual rate lowering springs and the coilovers they're working on.

• Informative
Reactions: UnpluggedP and DR61
Test drove Unplugged Performance's model 3 with the mild dual rate lowering springs and I was surprised by the better ride quality over stock even when I was told that they were still on the original gen one dampers and I know the car I was comparing it to was the newest dampers and springs.

The owner Ben explained to me that the moderate version was designed to have a 15% lower spring rate that stock in the first stage and 15% stiffer rate in the second stage, The mild version I pre ordered today will be 30% lighter in the first stage and stock in the second so with the new version of dampers and these springs I am expecting a good combination of handling and daily driver comfort.