Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Luxury Coilover Suspension Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Y LR with 19", I know the P model rides rough and is worth this change, but how about non P? I also just want a smoother ride, especially over dips, bumps and road comfort. Handling better would be good, but as long as its not worse than what I have now, i am ok with...
On my LR I had the 19s, upgraded to the MPP coilovers, and then installed 20" aftermarket wheels. The MPP setup with the 20" is softer than the 19" stock setup. Very noticeable difference in ride improvement on the 19s and the 20" tires.

Reactions: whisperingshad
I had the Unplugged adjustable luxury coilovers installed on my Y. Original setting was middle of the road the way they shipped. Two months later I had them adjusted to as soft as possible (otherwise I didn't see much difference). Little bid of a bounce now, but better. I've been told more noise, but haven't seen that.

I had the Unplugged adjustable luxury coilovers installed on my Y. Original setting was middle of the road the way they shipped. Two months later I had them adjusted to as soft as possible (otherwise I didn't see much difference). Little bid of a bounce now, but better. I've been told more noise, but haven't seen that.
Did you get the luxury or sport springs with it?

I had the UPP coilovers installed, and it wasn’t the best experience. The results are okay, not great.

UPP advertises that with the kit you can raise or lower the car by about an inch in either direction. In practice, the kit they send in the mail will lower your car by about half an inch. If you want to keep it stock or raise it, UPP has to send different springs for the rear. This isn’t articulated in the listing, so people should be aware of that.

Partially as a result of this, I had to pay to have the kit reinstalled after UPP sent the replacement springs. My installer discounted the second one slightly, but I still ended up spending almost $1500 on installation alone.

In retrospect with something like this, you probably want to work with the vendor and the installer ahead of time, make sure everybody is clear on what you’re trying to achieve and that everybody is comfortable it can be done.

Now that I have the coilovers installed, it definitely rides better than before. I had an early VIN, and the ride sucked compared to the 3 I traded in. The car floats a little bit on the softer ride settings, but it’s tolerable. The downside is that going over bumps is much louder than with the stock suspension. I don’t know how the MPP equivalent compares. In my case I’m better off than I was before, but certainly not $4,000 better off.
I am just down Rt 128 from you.

Where did you have your work done? The price seems a little high as The Electrified Garage in Seabrook NH gave me a quote of about $700 to install the same UPP coilovers and it included alignment.

However after a similar thread, and more learning, I decided that Redwood Motosports' Ohlins coilovers with coilover covers as they would have more adjustability and range for running stock height (New England snow, potholes, construction patches and speed bumps for those unfamiliar with the area). However, whether UPP or MPP or Redwood coilovers, I think any would be a comfort improvement for the MY. And I might add that all 3 companies were very nice giving me answers to my questions and it was a very tough choice!

Last edited:
Reactions: GeezerSquid
so MPP vs UPP kits?
I want best ride over bumps etc, cornerning, as long as its not worse than stock (i have a LR)
I will NOT be raising, lowering a little maybe but probably not.
Warranty on MPP shows only 2 years(not dropping 3k for only 2 years)
UPP has a lifetime replacement for failure on road and track. You can email / call them to confirm.