Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Luxury Coilover Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any advice.

I got a few weeks ago the UP Luxury Coilover and got them installed in San Francisco. The ride feels better for sure, especially when set at the softest settings. The problem is that my car squeaks every time I turn right or left. I took it back to the installer and they tried to fix it, it got better, but not a total improvement (still very loud noise). I drove to LA this week just so UP could take a look at it and it seemed to work. However, when I got home the car started making the same squeaking noises again!
I am really frustrated and I really don't know what to do next. Go back to the original suspension? Take the car to a Tesla Service Center? I'm sure the warranty won't cover the modification, but I don't know if Tesla would be able to fix it or how much more is this going to cost me.

Any advice?

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any advice.

I got a few weeks ago the UP Luxury Coilover and got them installed in San Francisco. The ride feels better for sure, especially when set at the softest settings. The problem is that my car squeaks every time I turn right or left. I took it back to the installer and they tried to fix it, it got better, but not a total improvement (still very loud noise). I drove to LA this week just so UP could take a look at it and it seemed to work. However, when I got home the car started making the same squeaking noises again!
I am really frustrated and I really don't know what to do next. Go back to the original suspension? Take the car to a Tesla Service Center? I'm sure the warranty won't cover the modification, but I don't know if Tesla would be able to fix it or how much more is this going to cost me.

Any advice?
Hi Juan, Sorry to hear this is still occurring. We're here to help until the issue is resolved. If you arent already speaking with [email protected] please reach out as we have a whole team dedicated to ensuring everyone has a great experience with our products.

Upvote 0
Hi Juan Pablo,

So I'm in the same boat with their dirt and snow coilovers. Was your issue resolved? I'm at my wits end. My fifth and last shop appt is next Wed. If not resolved I'm removing them. I've spent over $2k just on labor trying to get rid of the embarrassingly dangerous sounding noises. It's getting MUCH worse over time as well.

Upvote 0
Hi Juan Pablo,

So I'm in the same boat with their dirt and snow coilovers. Was your issue resolved? I'm at my wits end. My fifth and last shop appt is next Wed. If not resolved I'm removing them. I've spent over $2k just on labor trying to get rid of the embarrassingly dangerous sounding noises. It's getting MUCH worse over time as well.
Was this ever resolved? Think I might be having a similar issue.

Upvote 0