Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pictures pronto! :p

edit: so since bolt pattern is different compared to S/X, did you use adapters or make special wheel machined to the right pattern?

Great question. We make these wheels in vehicle specific sizes, widths and offsets to fit S, X and 3. Since the Model 3 is a 5x114.3 bolt pattern that's how they come. So if you would like to order you would have to select UP-03's for the Model 3 as the Model X or Model S options would not fit.

@UnpluggedP more pics please! Been waiting to see some 20" wheels + coilovers.....

We should have more photos to share early next week so please keep following!

Last edited:
Surely the sizes listed on your website can't be correct?

It says 255/40R20 and 285/35R20 which is 2" wider and 1.5" taller than stock... meaning inaccurate speedometer readings and surely unacceptable efficiency losses due to the added weight/rolling resistance from all that unnecessary rubber. I'm all for a more aggressive look, but is there any reason it's not something more realistic in order to retain an outer diameter similar to stock, like 275/30R20's or even 265/35R19's? Those might as well be SUV tires...

Last edited:

It says 255/40R20 and 285/35R20 which is 2" wider and 1.5" taller than stock... meaning inaccurate speedometer readings and surely unacceptable efficiency losses due to the added weight/rolling resistance from all that unnecessary rubber. I'm all for a more aggressive look, but is there any reason it's not something more realistic in order to retain an outer diameter similar to stock, like 275/30R20's or even 265/35R19's? Those might as well be SUV tires...
If someone is upgrading to 20” wheels, pretty sure they don’t care about efficiencies...

Unacceptable to you, but not to people that are willing to spend $500 on shiny lug nuts or $8k on carbon ceramic brakes for a car not known for its trackability. :)

• Funny
Reactions: FlyNavy01
If someone is upgrading to 20” wheels, pretty sure they don’t care about efficiencies...
My point was you can still have 20" wheels without that extra sidewall height that does nothing but add weight and height (two things you don't want on a sports sedan)... so why not do that? There's literally no benefit. Not sure why you'd buy an electric car and not care about performance or efficiency. There must be more posers out there than I thought haha.

Last edited:
My point was you can still have 20" wheels without that extra sidewall height that does nothing but add weight and height (two things you don't want on a sports sedan)... so why not do that? There's literally no benefit. Not sure why you'd buy an electric car and not care about performance or efficiency. There must be more posers out there than I thought haha.

Tire sidewall height has a significant impact (sorry for the pun:D...no better word!) on ride comfort. Starting with a standard 18" wheel, and maintaining overall circumference (speedo calibration/wheel well fit), a -1 to a 17" will make a notable improvement in ride, while a +1 or +2 will deteriorate ride comfort and impact harshness. For those who will trade off ride comfort for crisper steering response, +1 or +2 may be pleasing, but there are benefits to going the other way with more sidewall if your preferences prioritize comfort, or at least minimizing discomfort.

Don’t know why they chose the sizes they did. They’ll have to add input. Probably just common sizes available. 275/30 you mentioned is not very common. Their wheels are significantly lighter and the weight difference in the tires is pretty minimal I would assume, so weight overall shouldn’t be too much a concern. My biggest concern would be the overall diameter change you mentioned. Speedometer reading will be way off.

Yeah I'd be interested to see the specifications (width, offset, etc) on the 19" UP-03's as I really like the design and apparent weight savings of that wheel, just hoping you don't need some bizarre fitment like the 20's. Depending on offset, 265/35R19 should fill the wheel well nicely while still keeping the original sidewall comfort (and speedo accuracy) of the stock 19's, which is a much better balance in my opinion.

Sorry, not sure where these tire sizes are shown. We are not running these tire sizes on any Model 3's. Possibly the sizes on our 20" UP-03 wheels on our orange Model S?

@UnpluggedP , why have you gone silent about the Unplugged Performance car that did the reverse Cannon Ball run to New York?

The car belongs to a customer so up to him post as it's not ours.

More of the blue Model 3 outside our office with our UP-03s and carbon ceramic brake kit

25398833_1833649203374610_1031345342906570601_n.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-Tesla-Model-3-Blue-Brushed-UP-03-Wheels-CCM-Brakes-REAR-34.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-Tesla-Model-3-Blue-Brushed-UP-03-Wheels-CCM-Brakes.jpg
23622478_1787632394642958_2420183644512120355_n.jpg

Unplugged Performance
Unplugged Performance | Leader in Premium Upgrades for Tesla Vehicles

Reactions: Icer
Beautiful car! Do the coil overs effect the ride height? How do the coil overs effect ride quality?

These are the initial set. Ride height is lowered and sportier handling/feel.

Much better stance with the coilovers imo. Nice job @UnpluggedP

Thanks! :D

Coilovers? I just ordered the sport springs. I would much rather have the coilovers. Any idea when those will be available?

Currently still in development. At this point production will be based on demand. Contemplating a TMC group by if enough members are interested. Lowering springs just a few weeks out.

Reactions: silentsnow31802