Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@UnpluggedP you are handling the criticism very well. This is a sign of a reputable company. KUDOS!

Regarding less expensive products, I agree with you about quality and fitment. But there will always be somebody who will produce a similar product of similar quality for a lower price. I have seen it happen with Prius aftermarket.

Appreciate the compliment! At the end of the day we are all car enthusiasts and our goal is to deliver quality parts and help other enthusiasts make their cars awesome! We are reasonable people and not afraid of making changes as needed :D

Thanks! Any thoughts on the this weeks winning numbers?? :D

We always appreciate the feedback both positive or negative. No doubt there will be some companies that come out with cheaper options. We try to compete on quality rather than price. There are other companies out there that have their aero parts mass produced overseas but the quality and fitment is typically very poor. Our parts are manufactured here in the US and made out of OEM grade urethane not FRP (Fiberglass) like many other aftermarket products. For those who would like a cheaper option we have a front lip currently listed on our site as well.

Could be..He sent us the pics but not sure from where.

Appreciate the feedback! We have a lip option as well UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE FRONT LIP SPOILER - TESLA MODEL 3

Thanks for taking the time for the kind responses. I'm certainly going to keep following your creations to see the final product.

Great company.

Reactions: UnpluggedP
Looks like you will be busy! Did the matte blue one have the suspension raised some? Doesn't seem to be sitting quite so low now.

Busy already! Doesn't hurt being right next to SpaceX a lot of the employees getting their 3s already and good eye! The blue 3 was originally on an early set of our coilovers for some R&D but we removed them and installed our moderate drop lowering springs while the coilovers are being finalized.

Unplugged Performance | Dual Rate Lowering Springs for Tesla Model 3

Busy already! Doesn't hurt being right next to SpaceX a lot of the employees getting their 3s already and good eye! The blue 3 was originally on an early set of our coilovers for some R&D but we removed them and installed our moderate drop lowering springs while the coilovers are being finalized.

Unplugged Performance | Dual Rate Lowering Springs for Tesla Model 3
Can you ask some of those SpaceX employees who might have the springs installed give us their feedback?

Model 3 at UP HQ with 19" Sport wheels and our UP dual rate moderate springs
27540894_1900169246722605_5405002913028427425_n.jpg
27655021_1900169216722608_3787662481679963074_n.jpg
27657974_1900169193389277_2887192503993331832_n.jpg

I'm hoping to move from an Elise to an M3 this year when the performance models start production. Can you talk to handling improvements offered by the suspension upgrades? I have zero interest in aesthetics or ride height unless handling is improved. The M3 seems to be pretty good already so anything that bumps it up even further would be great.

On the aesthetic front, what would a wrap in your own signature burnt orange run for a 3?

I'm hoping to move from an Elise to an M3 this year when the performance models start production. Can you talk to handling improvements offered by the suspension upgrades? I have zero interest in aesthetics or ride height unless handling is improved. The M3 seems to be pretty good already so anything that bumps it up even further would be great.

On the aesthetic front, what would a wrap in your own signature burnt orange run for a 3?

Sure. They are dual rate springs. The moderate springs offer a slightly softer ride than factory but the secondary spring rate reduces body roll and makes for more aggressive cornering.

The low version has primary and secondary spring rates that are stiffer than factory so more aggressive than the moderate set up in both straight line and through corners.

Moderate is a 1.5 inch drop. Low is a 2.1 inch drop

Unplugged-Performance-Dual-Rate-Lowering-Springs-Tesla-Model-3-OEM-Height_02-1.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-Dual-Rate-Lowering-Springs-Tesla-Model-3-Moderate_02-1.jpg
Unplugged-Performance-Dual-Rate-Lowering-Springs-Tesla-Model-3-Low_02-1.jpg

Reactions: tracksyde
Would you mind describing which springs are on the red Model 3 in the newest photos on the spring page? That's my color and wheel choice, so I'd love to know which springs were used...

This Model 3 has the Low version. We tend to recommend the moderates to most as the low version is really aggressive. I would only recommend the lows to someone who is very familiar with driving a very low vehicle and all the issues (ie potential to scrape, need to enter driveways at an angle etc) that go along with it. The primary spring rate is about the same as factory and the secondary is more firm than factory so anyone who goes with the low should be aware of how it will affect the ride.

Unplugged-Performance-Dual-Rate-Lowering-Springs-Tesla-Model-3-Moderate_06.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
How does the ride on the coilovers compare to the ride on the springs?

The ride will be completely different. The coilovers are fully adjustable so the shock valving can be set by the end user.

Art. Hand made in house replacement carbon fiber door handles for the Model 3. No fake carbon stickers here!

28795928_1939177032821826_5184514005787475968_n.jpg

Unplugged Performance | Tesla Model 3

Reactions: cizUK and atlas310