Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged performance model Y sway bar sizes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone measured the sizes of the unplugged performance sway bars for the model Y? I’ve looked for it all over the web and called UP. But they won’t tell any one any data about their product because “Race competition secrets” he said… Thanks guys.
I’m trying to decide between them or the redwood performance ones which are 32mm.

Here’s a pic of my model Y performance on te37 track edition ii 20x10 +30. 285/35 all round.
On mpp coil overs and upper control arms.
D2A8DEE9-0357-4FCB-A70C-AF26FBECB890.jpeg

Reactions: 52 16 57 39
Has anyone measured the sizes of the unplugged performance sway bars for the model Y? I’ve looked for it all over the web and called UP. But they won’t tell any one any data about their product because “Race competition secrets” he said… Thanks guys.
I’m trying to decide between them or the redwood performance ones which are 32mm.

Here’s a pic of my model Y performance on te37 track edition ii 20x10 +30. 285/35 all round.
On mpp coil overs and upper control arms.
View attachment 751598
That's a clean-looking Y. How much is it lowered? Any more pics?

Upvote 0
I’m lowered 1.5 inches from the stock model y performance height. View attachment 752149View attachment 752150
I like this a lot. I like my M3, but I'm really tall and I have to fold myself to get into it. I like my parent's MY with the large doors I can step right into the car without folding, but it feels so tall like an SUV, it takes something away from the ride. I never thought of just lowering an MY. That might be my next car. How much did it cost? Is the ride harsh?

Upvote 0
I like this a lot. I like my M3, but I'm really tall and I have to fold myself to get into it. I like my parent's MY with the large doors I can step right into the car without folding, but it feels so tall like an SUV, it takes something away from the ride. I never thought of just lowering an MY. That might be my next car. How much did it cost? Is the ride harsh?
The coils were not that bad in price like 2600 when I bought em and I installed em myself . The ride is wayy better than stock. But I also did control arms, wheels and tires, endlinks, sway bars and and going to put brake lines on too that I bought. I should have listened to @thesmokingman tho and not installed my sway bars. I already had em soo yea…It definitely over steers now. It on full stiff in the back and medium in the front. I’m gonna try full soft on both bars and see if it helps. But if not I’m gonna go back to stock my bars.

Reactions: gigawhat?
Upvote 0
The coils were not that bad in price like 2600 when I bought em and I installed em myself . The ride is wayy better than stock. But I also did control arms, wheels and tires, endlinks, sway bars and and going to put brake lines on too that I bought. I should have listened to @thesmokingman tho and not installed my sway bars. I already had em soo yea…It definitely over steers now. It on full stiff in the back and medium in the front. I’m gonna try full soft on both bars and see if it helps. But if not I’m gonna go back to stock my bars.
Without knowing the stiffness of your sways, you could have some fun with them by trying out a whole different theory known as big bar soft spring aka soft setup. Soft spring setups can be pretty comfy on the straights and street yet just as fast in the corners as a stiff setup.

Upvote 0