Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the UPP moderate springs installed at Corsa Motorsports. Incase you aren’t familiar with them here’s my old post.

Paint Correction & Ceramic Coating

Original plan was to go with UPP coilovers but wait time plus only being 0.5” lower at the lowest setting compare to Moderate springs made me just go with the springs. Initial impression...it isn’t much lower than stock heights but after their tech came back from test drive it got slightly lower. I am sure springs will settle in few days and might even go lower than now. Overall pretty happy I went with this route as ride quality feels better than stock and looks much better lowered plus saved $2000 not going with coilovers ;)

I will report back after few days to give more feedbacks on the UPP springs

021260AF-ADF9-45FB-876A-7619327DF9D5.jpeg
E0891DCA-0347-48FA-891B-BD99F7869A90.jpeg

Nice setup! Any pics showing the front pokeage? I installed the moderate springs too and wish they were a lil lower. They do have coilovers with the sport springs, which is adjustable to get lower. Not sure how the ride would be though.

When I spoke to Anderson @ Corsa, UPP coilovers at their lowest settings will be 0.5” lower than Moderate springs on LR MY :( I was under the impression I can slam it to completely get rid of the wheel gap but that isnt the case even with coilovers.

0C59EAFF-588D-499B-A9EF-623DEBDB6222.jpeg
C5F5E11F-4C4D-4238-A398-61054CA424D5.jpeg

Reactions: Demented_Y
Okay put little over 150 miles today and I can say with confidence these Moderate springs are much much better than stock springs. Its smooth, despite 1.5” drop it still rides so much better and maybe its in my head but i felt the handling has improved as well with less body rolls. Softness was most noticeable when I drove over the small bump I always hit on the way home and it definitely felt less jarring. Overall very happy with the outcome :) At $385 this is definitely worth upgrading in my opinion! Mild springs or properly setup coilovers should have even better ride quality.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Y_NOT: Please post when you have a chance to test out the Moderate springs with a fully loaded car. Based on what you've posted, I wouldn't expect anything unusual, but it would be nice to know.
Still a bit confused: The Moderate is the same as the Luxury spring? A longer spring created a 1.5" vehicle drop?

Looks good! I had the moderate springs installed by Unplugged a few weeks back. It definitely settled a bit more for me. After a few days of driving, it settled to about 2 finger gap front and back on the 20 inch induction wheels. I've now switched to new wheels in 21s and the gap looks to be the same.
Good to know it’s down to 2 finger gap..... currently it’s like 4 if not a little more. Can you measure where the jack spot is to the ground. Want to know if a normal floor jack witless fit or I need to get a low profile one. Thanks

Y_NOT: Please post when you have a chance to test out the Moderate springs with a fully loaded car. Based on what you've posted, I wouldn't expect anything unusual, but it would be nice to know.
Still a bit confused: The Moderate is the same as the Luxury spring? A longer spring created a 1.5" vehicle drop?

Spring length by itself doesn't mean anything as to the ride height. The thickness of the spring and the number of turns are a major part of that equation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Y_NOT
After installing the unplugged moderate lowering springs my camber in the rear went to -2.2. Going to get camber arms soon (unplugged or mountain pass).
Ouch. On a 4400 lb vehicle, that'll chew up tires quick.

I ordered the MPP rear adjustable control arms since it was on sale. Should be arriving today. I'm waiting on the MPP adjustable coilovers too, might be awhile before I get them, though.