Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got the moderate springs installed at Unplugged, I gave them feedback a few days later about how nice it would be if they offered a strut that pairs with the springs. I had this on a previous car (2011 WRX with GTWORX/Bilstein shocks and their own custom paired springs) and it rode INCREDIBLE.

Unplugged said they'd take my feedback back to the team. But maybe if more people ask for it, they'll look into it more seriously. As far as I know and from what they said, it isn't something that's on their development roadmap. A strut/spring combo for around 1.2-1.5k might be more appealing to more people than 2-3k on coilovers that most people will just set it once and forget it and not leverage the adjustability capabilities.

Setting it once and forgetting it was my exact reason for not getting the coilovers too. Totally agree with you on the strut/spring combo as more appealing.

I had the gtworx/bilstein on my 2014 sti and they did match each other well but still a bit harsh and not height adjustable. However I went to kw v3s on my brz which was much better. I haven't changed the settings since I got it dialed in where I wanted it but the customization was nice. I got MPP comfort coils on my model 3 and am waiting for MPP coils for my model y.

I got the adjustable camber arms from unplugged about a month after I got the springs installed. They help tremendously in getting things back in alignment but also allows me to get the specs I want for my driving style.

My alignment specs with just the moderate springs were:
Front: Toe 0.0, Camber -1.4
Rear: Toe 0.0 Camber Left -2.0 Right -2.2

After getting the camber arms I set it to
Front: Toe 0.0, Camber -1.4
Rear: Toe 0.0 Camber -1.0

Car feels planted in corners. The dual linear spring rates in unplugged springs are great in making the ride soft and comfortable during daily driving but when I want to take those highway on/off ramps/interchanges at higher speeds, it stiffens up and handles the turns beautifully.

Did you just get the rear adjustable camber arms or did you get front and rear?