Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Refresh Fascia Front Bumpers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im selling my new unplugged performance facelift conversion bumper that retails for $3,000 not including $275 for delivery. I just tested it for fitment as it recommends before painting and transferring the parts from the old bumper and installing. I decided to sale it cause I wanted to do a widebody kit with fender flares which I cannot add a front splitter to the UP bumper based on how the front bumper is made. I love how the bumper looks and vey disappointed I cannot use it. I’m asking $2,700 which is about $600 less than what I paid. It already had the parking and autopilot holes cut out for the sensors.
If you’re located in Arizona I can help install it for a fraction of the price of any custom auto shop charges. I can also limit the gap and space between the hood and bumper as well as the T emblem being pushed back to far. I also figured out a way to use the Tesla oem chrome v-stripe to make the conversion look more oem and like a true facelift model s. Here are some pics of the fitment installation.
6E5419CB-A7CB-4E8A-AD4C-DEC771422056.jpeg

0EE9C446-3DF7-4234-ABA2-1EB55AD4F834.jpeg

Here’s a picture of how you want to avoid it looking like
8FBE6ED3-5188-4A1E-A6F6-53530F02A5D1.jpeg

964D4334-693B-4FF4-82F3-E9359364FF1F.jpeg

How much for the part and how much to install it?

What color is it painted?
$2,700 gets everything that it comes with from unplugged performance. The bumper, their v-stripe hardware, their attachments for the sensors, their cord to run a latch to open the frunk depending on the year etc, directions and new screws to bolt the bumper. That’s all I can remember at the moment there may be something else. Install can vary depending on who does it. Unplugged charges $1,500 for paint and install.
It’s not painted as I only installed it to check for fitment to make sure there wasn’t any unexpected flaws as recommended by unplugged’s directions. You would paint it to match your car obviously or you could paint it any color and wrap it but it must be painted to allow the wrap to hold. I would install it for $800 but would need someone to hold a side in order to do it perfectly and fast. I could do it alone but don’t recommend it especially once it’s painted since the paint could crack if one side pops off while trying to snap the other side into the clips.
I installed it myself as well as a prior design bumper but it was not painted so damaging it wasn’t a concern for me like it is once it’s been painted. I did both the same day and both took little effort as far as the most common issues like the gap space around the headlights. For certain Tesla’s that have issues maybe due to an accident there are certain techniques/tricks to limit space between the bumper and headlights.
Here’s the Prior Design bumper installed just for fitment.
CA6D2D79-DEF3-4E0A-A326-F193A4AD6C29.jpeg
66FB737A-C8FD-4720-8495-1B9C8E2CEA89.jpeg

How much for the part and how much to install it?

What color is it painted?
I can also get OEM Tesla Facelift bumper for $1,000. You would have to buy the v-stripe for it as it only comes with the bumper but has all the parts to mount the fog lights, louvers etc on the inside of the bumper. It also just comes primed and needs to be painted, or you might be able to just wrap it. Tesla charges $700 for their facelift bumper but you can no longer buy it unpainted so now it's $1,480 painted. And you cannot get it if your car is not a facelift (your vin# much match the part you want to your car) Model S.

Wait, what? You selling Unplugged or Prior Design?

Selling unplugged either installing the prior or I have a hookup on OEM Tesla Facelift bumpers so might use that instead as I want to save the prior for a P100D. The oem facelift bumpers I can get are exactly the same as Tesla's facelift bumpers without the issue of trying to find one new instead of used since Tesla doesn't let you buy them if it does match with your vin #. Also Tesla is now charging $1,480 for their bumper cause they will only sale painted ones. They use to be about $700 after taxes for it unpainted but after you paid for all the other parts you were at $2,000 basically give or take. And any of those parts were a fraction of the price than if you tried to buy them off ebay lol. The most expensive parts are the louvers (the old ones are smaller), T badge support with chrome v-stripe and the undertray to be able to mount the new bumper.
So even though Unplugged's bumper seemed way to expensive it really wasn't a bad option since all the parts transferred which made installing it extemely simple since you didn't have to cut parts (v-stripe), remove latches (if you didn't have just 1 latch) etc, like you have to do when trying to convert an oem bumper on an older Model S.
I am willing to include the oem v-stripe with the unplugged bumper if interested as I have already fabricated it to fit perfectly. I think it looks much better with it personally and you don't have to buy any mounting brackets.
AZWE3514.JPG
BYUN5736.JPG
ddd
TAJP0492.JPG
BYUN5736.JPG

EINQ5154.JPG
XGBR8309.JPG

I can also get OEM Tesla Facelift bumper for $1,000. You would have to buy the v-stripe for it as it only comes with the bumper but has all the parts to mount the fog lights, louvers etc on the inside of the bumper. It also just comes primed and needs to be painted, or you might be able to just wrap it. Tesla charges $700 for their facelift bumper but you can no longer buy it unpainted so now it's $1,480 painted. And you cannot get it if your car is not a facelift (your vin# much match the part you want to your car) Model S.

I might be interested in an OEM facelift. However, it’s a little unclear on what your offering for $1000. is that just for the primed bumper? so I would still need to buy louvers, v strip, etc. for basically another $1000? And then also have it painted?

I have a pearl white 2013 MS and would be transferring any usable parts to the new bumper.

thanks for any info.