Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance Refresh Fascia Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UnpluggedP

Global Vendor
Mar 27, 2014
Hawthorne, CA
Unplugged Performance Provides Refreshing New Face For Tesla Model S Owners
The Leading Tesla Customizer Creates A Fresh Feeling For The Past Generation Tesla Model S

HAWTHORNE, CA – (June 14, 2016)

Quickly following the release of the Tesla Motors Model X and the Model 3 preview event in Hawthorne, California, Tesla also released an updated look for their Model S sedan. While many small elements were tweaked, the most noticeable change was the visually-impactful removal of the signature black nose cone, in favor of the new streamlined look found on the rest of Tesla’s current range.

Today Unplugged Performance, the leading premium brand for Tesla owners, debuted their new Model S Refresh Fascia upgrade. The Refresh Fascia provides previous generation Model S owners an opportunity to experience that new car feeling once again. The new look follows Tesla’s new nosecone-free aerodynamic design and features an integrated front spoiler. This distinctive front spoiler amplifies the performance identity of the car and distinguishes it as a premium version, consistent with the ethos of all Unplugged products.

As the first tuner to develop original parts for the Model S, Unplugged Performance is renowned amongst Tesla enthusiasts. Unplugged’s previous front fascia redesign remains their flagship item; a timeless design receiving increased fanfare year after year. To ensure the success of this new project, Unplugged has leveraged their extensive R&D and experience and taken a multi-pronged approach to development. First, a prototype was fitted on Unplugged’s 2015 spec Model S P85D for multiple weeks of successful Autopilot testing as well as earlier models to test parking sensors and earlier vehicle fitment. Second, the company utilized the latest in 3D scanning technology to precisely reproduce the prototype bumper and the car for further dialing in of the finalized design. Finally, Unplugged’s designers have worked in conjunction with real world and digital data to develop a final cutting edge, sporty design that checks all the boxes.

“Our clients represent the most passionate Tesla owners on the planet; we’ve earned their support year after year by continually creating products that make their cars distinctively special. For our Refresh Fascia we began with Tesla’s newest design language as a foundation and worked to elevate it into an even more distinguished design. To satisfy our fans, making an uninspired Tesla copy and calling it a day was simply not an option. As a producer of special version Tesla vehicles and upgrades, we aspire for every client to have the pride of owning cars that stand apart at the supercharger rather than simply aspiring to fit in.” said Unplugged Performance co-Founder and CEO, Ben Schaffer.

Reminiscent of Kickstarter campaigns, the price of the Unplugged Refresh Fascia is reduced from $2995 to $2495 for all pre-orders received before July 1st, 2016 and may be reserved with only a $300 reservation fee; shipping world-wide is available. All buyers will receive the full system which is guaranteed to be compatible with all Tesla Model S vehicles from 2012 until May 2016. Shipments are targeted to begin by end of summer 2016. Multiple reservations for customers are not allowed, nor is reselling reservations.

Tesla Model S owners or future owners interested in reserving an early delivery Refresh Fascia may reserve theirs immediately at www.unpluggedperformance.com.

Ordering and inquires: [email protected]

UP_REFRESH_ELECTRIC.JPG

Reactions: Akikiki and Ryan MF
Sample question on VENDOR UNPLUGGED web-site: In the event that the 12V on-board battery is completely discharged and I am unable to open the hood (bonnet), how do I “jump start” the vehicle?
  • A: We’ve thought of that! Knowing that the Refresh Fascia eliminates the ability to remove the nose cone, thus making jump start terminals inaccessible, we designed an included safety system to enable charging.

Reactions: Footbag
I have been lurking on this website for quite some time as I on plan on getting a pre owned P85 very soon. I am doing my research, I am a gear head and like to mod cars. Your piece is beautiful. Do you have any pictures of it without the full body kit? How well does it flow with the original body lines of the car?

I have been lurking on this website for quite some time as I on plan on getting a pre owned P85 very soon. I am doing my research, I am a gear head and like to mod cars. Your piece is beautiful. Do you have any pictures of it without the full body kit? How well does it flow with the original body lines of the car?
I second this. Getting a side by side comparison would be awesome.

Sample question on VENDOR UNPLUGGED web-site: In the event that the 12V on-board battery is completely discharged and I am unable to open the hood (bonnet), how do I “jump start” the vehicle?
  • A: We’ve thought of that! Knowing that the Refresh Fascia eliminates the ability to remove the nose cone, thus making jump start terminals inaccessible, we designed an included safety system to enable charging.

Thank you for your interest in our upcoming Refresh Fascia. The last thing we would want from anyone is concern about our parts not living up to expectations. All buyers will have access to this information & solution prior to having their fascia shipped. All are entitled to a full refund of deposit if not satisfied. As these parts are still in the pre production stages and due to the significant R&D invested in this product we feel that it is not an obligation to publicly disclose all of our techniques in advance of product release as it is internal information. We recognize that there is some challenge to pre-purchasing a product in which not every question is answered fully in advance. For this reason and as a thank you for early supporters we have provided a $500 discount before July 1, a $300 deposit (minimal) and additionally the safety of a full refund as mentioned above. For those that wish to wait until further information is available, we respect that fully and the product will be available to all later as well.

What is the price for the painted bumper?

Hi FlatSix911, the thing is, our focus is not on price, it is on quality and the reality is that prepainting bumpers for Teslas we've found to produce a less than optimal result. Although we can pre-paint and perhaps that might save a little money, the best result is always to have the bumper painted locally to match specifically to your car. Tesla has upgraded their factory painting process over the years in various ways and not every car is identical despite sharing the same paint codes. Prepainting guarantees a less effective result we feel than having the work done locally on a car by car basis with proper paint matching. If you do not have access to a local shop you trust to paint your bumper, we can still do it for you but we do not advise it (regardless of price) since our goal is the best outcome for each owner's car. Please email [email protected] for details on that and we will work the best we can to support your request.

Hi Chief holley, thank you for your support. It's meant to flow with the lines of the car without our side skirts and look appropriate as a single independent upgrade

Will you be offering an OEM-matching side skirt and rear diffuser set to complete the transformation of a pre-June'16 Model S? Or, do you happen to know if the actual refreshed Tesla skirts and rear diffuser are drop-in compatible with the older car?

I was going to order before the July deadline to save money, but your fill in area for the Model S does not have all the current options. All colors are not there (if pre painted was a choice) and the P90D is not there either. These may seem minute, but this just gives me the impression of less thorough company image.

I was going to order before the July deadline to save money, but your fill in area for the Model S does not have all the current options. All colors are not there (if pre painted was a choice) and the P90D is not there either. These may seem minute, but this just gives me the impression of less thorough company image.

Thanks for your feedback. Those fields were optional and only applicable to our other products. We have updated our checkout page and have had a new website in the works for some time now

The order queue is building fast but there's still time to place a pre-order for our Refresh Fascia System. We are only requiring a $300 fully refundable deposit and plan to begin rolling them out towards the end of summer. PM us directly for more info or to order

13532756_1125119877560883_789706095687798482_n.jpg

Reactions: Betc95