Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Unplugged Performance Refresh Fascia Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another Refresh just completed in Deep Blue Metallic

IMG_8741.JPG

We recently posted this on our Facebook page and wanted to share it here as well!

We engineer the impossible to be possible. Top is a new standard Tesla Model S, bottom is the UP Refresh Front Fascia on a 2014 P85+. For this project we developed 20+ changes and innovations that range from patent pending mechanisms, to the distinctive professionally designed visual details that we are known for. The end result is a seamless and fast install that makes a great deal of detailed work effortlessly compatible with earlier nosecone generation cars.

16996318_1428180873921447_992367325649032035_n.jpg

We looked at doing this refresh after our MS was in a front end crash but the Tesla certified shop did not feel comfortable installing it and pretty much talked us out of it. It will be good to get more technical details out there so raise the comfort level on effort level to install and final finish qualities.

We recently posted this on our Facebook page and wanted to share it here as well!
We engineer the impossible to be possible. Top is a new standard Tesla Model S, bottom is the UP Refresh Front Fascia on a 2014 P85+. For this project we developed 20+ changes and innovations that range from patent pending mechanisms, to the distinctive professionally designed visual details that we are known for. The end result is a seamless and fast install that makes a great deal of detailed work effortlessly compatible with earlier nosecone generation cars.

View attachment 216556

We looked at doing this refresh after our MS was in a front end crash but the Tesla certified shop did not feel comfortable installing it and pretty much talked us out of it. It will be good to get more technical details out there so raise the comfort level on effort level to install and final finish qualities.

Agreed ... we need more details on the refresh parts that are required :cool:

Thanks for that. Every shop is a little bit different. Some certified shops are comfortable and love our products, whereas others are apprehensive about anything not made by Tesla directly. In our case our product is made by a Tesla supply chain manufacturer to our design specifications, but it is of course not an official Tesla licensed part as we are independent. Our parts are engineered to be installed by any body shop, not just certified shops. Normal tools and standard body shop process is all that is needed.

There is nothing Tesla specific about our installation, everything simply bolts into place. Certified shops are incredible for doing complex repairs, but our install can literally be done by any body shop, so the additional costs that certified shops charge hourly to recoup their training and expenses for complex things like rear quarter panel repair or managing factory diagnostics and troubleshooting are overkill and not a requirement for our straight forward installation.

As part of our after-sales service and support, we are happy to reach out to any installer you choose and to discuss the installation directly with them (as we will do for any customer). We always request anyways that all installers have direct access to our technicians and that they feel comfortable with the process prior to beginning. Although we can install these in under 4 hours, we’d want to provide that same degree of confidence and support directly to all installers. Additionally, we know many installers in nearly every city globally and we are happy to help refer local installers as well.

Please PM me to discuss further and I'll be happy to help and arrange a discussion directly with the installer.

Agreed ... we need more details on the refresh parts that are required :cool:

Thanks! That's a great question and I apologize if I did not make this clear. No factory Refresh parts are needed! :DOur fascia is a full replacement and all of your lights, sensors, hardware and emblem simply transfer over. There is absolutely nothing you need to buy or install from a newer Model S!

Reactions: DA808EV
Thanks! That's a great question and I apologize if I did not make this clear. No factory Refresh parts are needed! :DOur fascia is a full replacement and all of your lights, sensors, hardware and emblem simply transfer over. There is absolutely nothing you need to buy or install from a newer Model S!

Thanks for your reply.
What is the installation fee if I bring my Tesla to you? :cool: