Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance ships seemingly used parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I live in Germany.
Nevertheless I ordered the Front-Lip-Spoiler for my Model 3 from Unplugged Performance.

When I unpacked it, but soon came disillusionment.

He was scratched.
The mounting holes show traces of movement of the retaining pins.
IMG_1570813536_12557.jpg

IMG_1570813536_30358.jpg

IMG_1570813536_79352.jpg

I wrote several times to unplugged performance, but never received an answer.

Is that normal for those?
Am very disappointed!

Greetings from Germany

KaJu

That is obviously not acceptable.

It looks like it was installed and then taken back off - perhaps because user testing now confirms it does little to nothing for performance or mileage despite UP advertising. It is apparently just an appearance item.

Unfortunately there are a lot of claims for numerous aftermarket item “improvements” but it may be best to not purchase anything till these claims are verified by actual user testing rather than manufacturers statements.

Thanks go out to you and everyone else who brings attention to issues and false claims.

Please also update us on how the manufacturer resolves this. Mistakes can and will happen but good manufacturers will always correct the situation.

Last edited:
That is obviously not acceptable.

....perhaps because user testing now confirms it does little to nothing for performance or mileage despite UP advertising.

Can you post a link? I am curious about any user feedback on the UP aero setup, but I don't see anything after a quick search. Thanks!

Their white paper is very convincing, and makes the ~$1600 setup very tempting. But, if in real world it does nothing, that bodes very poorly for them.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Holy crap - UP front lip was my go-to when i got my P3D+.. Starting to have second thoughts. The shittier thing here is that you're in Germany, begs the question on why in the world they didn't do a good QC on the part. I wonder if they expected for you to wrap it which will hide all the scratches and marks on the lip. Still, you dont send a customer a scratched up part like this..

@UnpluggedP - What's going on? Second question here is the fitment on Bjorns Model 3, why was it so poorly fitted on the sides?

UP sent me an email, but read for yourself:
Hello,

The front lip is shipped raw. It can be installed raw or can be prepped for paint. The white marks are not from us and appears to have happened in transit however we do sand the edges so that they can be prepped for primer and paint if needed. Please let me know your thoughts.

It appears that you did not receive this email 25 days ago, I am trying again to see if you receive it.

Regards,

E. C.
Bulletproof Automotive : GT-RR : Unplugged Performance
After I have answered again and have pointed to these posts, there is a sudden movement into play!
I got the following two mails:

The white markings are guides for the wholes to be opened up, however the white on the face do appear to be scratches. Regardless, I apologize this was sent to you in this condition. I would be more than happy to replace this for you at no cost to you. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,

E. C.

Also just to reiterate, we would never install parts and then ship that out to a customer. That is not what we do. We will take care of you on this and I will make sure that you receive one up to our standards.

Regards,

E. C.

Dear Karsten (KaJu74) We value all of our customers and it is regrettable that our earlier email we sent you on October 18th did not reach you. We had thought that Eddie's email in October to you was received. However today we came back from the SEMA trade show and saw your email and was also shown this post.

We are here for all of our customers and we welcome all emails and will always do our best to reply to all emails as fast as we can. In this particular case we had thought you saw our reply to you from October and we had no further email requests until last Wednesday when we were at SEMA exhibiting our Model Ascension R project we produced for Daerik.

After Veterans day holiday yesterday today is our first day back in the office.

We are pleased to make things right and to resolve any concerns. We will continue to follow up with you by email and to provide the best support possible. We exists solely to support Tesla owners around the world and all we do is work on Teslas every day. We will provide our continued best intentions and efforts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 3.22.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 3.22.30 PM.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: bhzmark