Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance takes another 1st place win in Autocross.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mparsons

2021 M3P Unplugged Performance
Dec 12, 2020
Lakeside CA
Unplugged Performance takes another 1st place win in Autocross. Kyle O'Rourke My Autocross coach and co-driver took 1st place in the CST class at Cal Club Autocross in June. Here's Kyle O'Rourke
"Race Day Thoughts:
During the practice the day prior, Mike and I ran older smaller worn out tires but the car was still predictable after tweaking tire pressures a bit. On race day, we switched over to the larger and fresher Yokohamas. I had Mike run his 4 competition laps first before jumping in for my competition laps. Mike did awesome. We changed up the coaching the day prior and I had him focus on a few new tactics. He executed his runs well, dropped time consistently, and slotted himself into 3rd place! Once I jumped behind the wheel, it took me a lap to get reacquainted to the grip and remember how hard I could push the Tesla. On my second lap, I ran a 57.452 which pushed me straight into 1st place. On the third lap, I shaved off another couple tenths. At this point, Mike had already called victory and he forgot I had a 4th lap (while still strapped in, I had to holler at him to bleed the tires down before my last lap). On the 4th and final lap, I put my trust in the car and dropped another 4-tenths securing my lead by almost a full second. There was still some room for improvement but I was content. The course was fantastic and allowed me to take full advantage of the Tesla. The suspension worked great and especially for the high speed transitions. The car as a whole was super predictable and didn't require a lot of thinking to drive it well (which is all you can really ask of a race car).
Kyle"

Reactions: TaylorTMusic