Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance to upgrade performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t purchased anything from UP, T sport, EVT, MPP, etc. I am only basing my info from what I have seen posted on TMC.

I have been following most of the threads about performances parts on this site. It seems to me that they are a good company to work with. I would only buy parts from aftermarket companies if the parts are in stock. When people buy parts in development or back order they sometimes get disappointed.

UP stands by their products but sometimes people complain about their communication. I think some emails fall through the cracks. People will post complaints here and their problems get rectified immediately according to follow up posts.

They are fast to respond if they want to.
But if you ask them any sort of technical questions you might not get a reply.
It was like pulling teeth trying to get info from them on the coilovers. And I never did end up with all the info I was requesting.

Lead time reliability and communication responsiveness are not yet there. I would invest more in customers service and sourcing management rather than marketing or even product development at this point.

Going personally and mitigating public issues is only going to force more people looking for customer service in public space that would lead to increase perception of inability to solve problems.

Growth kills companies.

MPP is an outstanding beacon to follow in terms of customer service.

Reactions: Msjulie
I searched for Unplugged Performance and found gobs of posts, but none that went to how good the company was to work with and the quality of its work (though with so many posts, I could have missed it). Feedback?

I feel compelled to add that I have had nothing but good dealings with them; questions answered via PM quickly and good product support. I am just a customer.

I’ve had great success with them and their products. Their products are made in USA and are not outsourced. They do a lot of R&D and they race on them as well....not just stamp their name like other companies just to sell a product. They also back their products after install so if there is a problem from their product...they will fix it. You can always DM them here or on FB.

Growth by no means is a bad thing at all. They’re still making awesome products, taking care customers, and racing / doing events like Tesla Corsa.

Last edited:
They are fast to respond if they want to.
But if you ask them any sort of technical questions you might not get a reply.
It was like pulling teeth trying to get info from them on the coilovers. And I never did end up with all the info I was requesting.
What info were you trying to get? Did you DM them? There’s a customer rep on FB but I’m not sure he’s on here.

What info were you trying to get? Did you DM them? There’s a customer rep on FB but I’m not sure he’s on here.
Most messages and emails I've sent to UP were ignored. And none were answered in short time. Either sales rep is very unorganized or just doesn't care, both things are what company should be fixing really quick.

And as an owner of manufacturing company it's funny to hear arguments that outsourcing is somehow a bad thing. Most customers also think it doesn't matter.

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p