Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Performance Worth It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 Model Y. I ordered Unplugged Performance's Luxury Coilovers in July 2021, but I still haven't received my installation due to shipping delays. I'm looking for advice to see if it's still worth waiting for it or if I should use the refund (about $3700) for other upgrades (ceramic and PPF). For anyone that has the UP Luxury Coilovers, did they significantly upgrade your ride comfort experience in your Model Y? Anyone else get a recent installation from UPP or have to wait as long (7 months)?

I cancelled my UP dirt/snow coil overs and went with the MPP comforts + lift kit due to the crazy lead times and the concerns people were having with NVH. I am super happy with the MPP setup, and after doing both that and a stealth wrap, if I had to chose just one, I would definitely pick the suspension upgrade over the wrap - but that's just me!

Reactions: JonB65
I cancelled my UP dirt/snow coil overs and went with the MPP comforts + lift kit due to the crazy lead times and the concerns people were having with NVH. I am super happy with the MPP setup, and after doing both that and a stealth wrap, if I had to chose just one, I would definitely pick the suspension upgrade over the wrap - but that's just me!
How much more comfortable did the ride get? Debating 19” tir3s of MPP kit

There are a zillion threads on this. Very informative, helpful in your decision.

Reactions: sleepydoc
I got the UPP Lowering Springs and they are awful. The car is barely lower (less than 1/2", not noticeable), does not drive sportier and the worst part is the springs make a loud sound whenever I turn the steering wheel at low speeds.

I would never buy from UPP again. With that being said, I got them when they first came out and they hopefully made improvements since then.

Reactions: jebinc
This Youtuber Gjeebs has had the Unplugged Luxury Coilover suspension on his car for months. In this recent video, he sets the suspension at setting 24 (maximum firmness) and says he feels like a bobblehead. Then he sets it at setting zero (maximum comfort) and is blown away. He loves it at setting zero. Watch the video at t=10 minutes (firm) and t=13 minutes (comfort).

This Youtuber Gjeebs has had the Unplugged Luxury Coilover suspension on his car for months. In this recent video, he sets the suspension at setting 24 (maximum firmness) and says he feels like a bobblehead. Then he sets it at setting zero (maximum comfort) and is blown away. He loves it at setting zero. Watch the video at t=10 minutes (firm) and t=13 minutes (comfort).
Thanks for sharing. I just saw this too. I think I might pull out of UPP and reassess my options. He mentioned there was a loud noise on turns with a bump. I read some other users with this issue too. I'm hoping Bilstein comes out with a kit.