Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged rear brake pads are loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Brembo OEM rear pads have those “claws” on the back to fix the pads on the caliper. However UP’s street & track rear pads’ back are totally flat. So they are loosely sit inside the caliper and free to move around.

The driving seems ok on the street. But when I turning in a quiet garage I can hear something bouncing back and forth in my rear. I’m not sure why the design is like this and whether should I bring them to the track. @UnpluggedP

The Brembo OEM rear pads have those “claws” on the back to fix the pads on the caliper. However UP’s street & track rear pads’ back are totally flat. So they are loosely sit inside the caliper and free to move around.

The driving seems ok on the street. But when I turning in a quiet garage I can hear something bouncing back and forth in my rear. I’m not sure why the design is like this and whether should I bring them to the track. @UnpluggedP

My UP’s are fine, no noise whatsoever. But UP provided a shim wrap that winds around the “ears” of the outer rear pads. Did UP send you the shim wrap?