Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged sway bars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who is not a beta tester for unplugged performance get their sway bars yet? Last time I spoke to them, 4 weeks ago, they expected them to start shipping 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the heads up. Have one test and tune left in August to get it dialed in.

Good luck with getting the sway bars anytime soon or them reaching out to you for status updates. I ordered their Model 3 High Efficiency Trunk Spoiler in Gloss Carbon Fiber Finish on May 9. The web site indicated it would be shipped in 3 weeks. It's now nearly 10 weeks later and nada. Not a word from unplugged about current status.

It's the last time I'll order anything from Unplugged. Their products maybe good but their customer service is the worse of the worst.

I ordered 22 March for the full autocross season. I was told that changes had to be made after a Tesla Corsa event to make it better. I'm okay waiting if it is better but you are right communication has been only when I call.

I'm starting to get some parts. Not the sway bars but the coilovers, wheels, and fascia. Headliner, rear bumper, spoiler, sway bars and camber arms* are in the queue. I ordered these all at different times, even some like the sway bar as recently as a few days ago. Daerik just got his 2nd gen/production UP sway bars if I remember correctly from his Laguna Seca videos.

I've never had a problem reaching them on the phone. I've called maybe three times, all on Friday evenings near the end of their business hours. One time they actually called back to follow up on a conversation we had the previous week. Their generic info email and contacting them for authorized installers email has been a black hole though. Their instagram person is responsive, but I think that person is just the PR person that refers you to the sales folk*. If you check the Teslarati interview with their CEO, Ben, from a few years ago you can see they're a small shop. So I'm assuming these pains are just a workload and priorities type of thing.

The wait is long and the estimates they give are like Elon-time estimates. At one point they said that a part was almost ready to ship (the glue is drying) and then over a month passed and it's still not here. There's probably a queue in front of you as well.

These guys are super passionate, knowledgable and making high quality parts with CFD studies that no one else has. When I bantered with them on the phone I could tell they were total gear heads and had the parts on their own cars. And you should know that the other vendors (Tesla, Jeda, rpmtesla... ) are pretty slow as well and tell you the wrong dates and don't reply to your emails/inquiries. Lol you gotta have a high tolerance for pain as a Tesla owner. It took Tesla 10 months to get me my carbon fiber spoiler... smh.

The time is going to pass regardless, and when you get the parts -- maybe as pessimistic as 1 year later (lol, this is in reference to some guy waiting on a Model S part I think I saw on instragram) -- they're gonna be sweet. I waited 2+ years for my Tesla. I'm okay with the UP wait (2-3 months for me right now). MPP also has a long wait on their competing parts, like their coilovers and the camber arms that went in and out of stock.

But yeah both the wait times on some parts, especially those in development, and the unknown ship timelines break down some people's spirits. Google reviews shows some people doing charge backs with their credit cards whereas other people are ecstatic about the quality (including Shaq! -- but that's on youtube not google reviews). This is a reputable business that will ship if you can put up with the wait. Some parts are in stock and ready to ship. Some parts like the Model 3 side skirts they just recently put on their website literally have no pictures because they are just starting to develop them. It just depends.

Supposedly they have a newish web person to help with the timeline advertising problem. Hopefully they can reduce the webpage sizes so they stop crashing my browser and the PayPal checkout works more reliably. Lol.

*okay so I tried to email them about the camber arms as directed by the instagram person and didn't hear back Thursday or Friday. I'll probably forward this to the shop I'm working with and see if they can reach out.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbecks13
I'm starting to get some parts. Not the sway bars but the coilovers, wheels, and fascia. Headliner, rear bumper, spoiler, sway bars and camber arms* are in the queue. I ordered these all at different times, even some like the sway bar as recently as a few days ago. Daerik just got his 2nd gen/production UP sway bars if I remember correctly from his Laguna Seca videos.

I've never had a problem reaching them on the phone. I've called maybe three times, all on Friday evenings near the end of their business hours. One time they actually called back to follow up on a conversation we had the previous week. Their generic info email and contacting them for authorized installers email has been a black hole though. Their instagram person is responsive, but I think that person is just the PR person that refers you to the sales folk*.

The wait is long and the estimates they give are like Elon-time estimates. At one point they said that a part was almost ready to ship (the glue is drying) and then over a month passed and it's still not here. There's probably a queue in front of you as well.

These guys are super passionate, knowledgable and making high quality parts with CFD studies that no one else has. When I bantered with them on the phone I could tell they were total gear heads and had the parts on their own cars. And you should know that the other vendors (Tesla, Jeda, rpmtesla... ) are pretty slow as well and tell you the wrong dates and don't reply to your emails/inquiries.

The time is going to pass regardless, and when you get the parts -- maybe as pessimistic as 1 year later (lol, this is in reference to some guy waiting on a Model S part I think I saw on instragram) -- they're gonna be sweet. I waited 2+ years for my Tesla. I'm okay with the UP wait (2-3 months for me right now). MPP also has a long wait on their competing parts, like their coilovers and the camber arms that went in and out of stock.

But yeah both the wait times on some parts, especially those in development, and the unknown ship timelines break down some people's spirits. Google reviews shows some people doing charge backs with their credit cards whereas other people are ecstatic about the quality (including Shaq! -- but that's on youtube not google reviews). This is a reputable business that will ship if you can put up with the wait. Some parts are in stock and ready to ship. Some parts like the Model 3 side skirts they just recently put on their website literally have no pictures because they are just starting to develop them. It just depends.

Supposedly they have a newish web person to help with the timeline advertising problem. Hopefully they can reduce the webpage sizes so they stop crashing my browser and the PayPal checkout works more reliably. Lol.

*okay so I tried email about the camber arms as directed by the instagram person and didn't hear back Thursday or Friday. I'll probably forward this to the shop I'm working with and see if they can reach out.
Good to hear you are receiving parts!! I can't ever get a response via email but every time I call I get an answer right away!! I've never thought about Elon time with aftermarket parts but I can deal with that. The car pushes mid corner and I over driver, hoping the bar can drive both. Thanks for the input. Really what I was looking for. Never mind paying for quality with time or a little green stuff.

Reactions: 4hs93lsi2
Usually items made overseas takes a very long time. That's why many do preorders to soften the blow . ;)
Right! That’s why I love giving my money to companies that design and make custom, one-off parts and source most in the USA. I love how my one-off custom mono block forged wheels from unplugged say made in USA (etched right on the face of the wheel). The sway bars from unplugged, which are made and designed in USA, are going to complement my wheels well (USA info right in the product details page if you even looked? ;)).

Some of those other companies you’re referring to, beyond just the ones that rebrand alibaba items, make their production customers the beta testers... Let me tell you from first hand experience how it’s not cool when you get your product you preordered and they forgot to add parts to the package so they send a follow up shipment to all preorder customers a few days later (MPP), and/or they’ve never tried installing it on a AWD car so the install instructions become way more complicated and need to be updated after you receive item (MPP), and/or it actually interferes with autopilot and they send you the new product and text you every day asking for feedback (Bandit)... or the product just straight up isn’t compatible with your device when the marketing says otherwise unless you send it back (Jeda)... Note: MPP and Bandit have improved and quickly iterated. I‘ll buy and have bought from them again. Just note that what’s happening here is that UP isn’t just making you the beta tester by default.

Anyways I really like the unplugged company if that’s not apparent. And I think your comment implied that they’re just waiting for items abroad, which is not true.

It’s not hard to find the CEOs email if you really have some type of problem... but that should be like a last resort move... just call them during business hours and report back to the rest of us on this thread. Lol. I’m done with this thread and turning off email notifications for a while.

Last edited:
Right! That’s why I love giving my money to companies that design and make custom, one-off parts and source most in the USA. I love how my one-off custom mono block forged wheels from unplugged say made in USA (etched right on the face of the wheel). The sway bars from unplugged, which are made and designed in USA, are going to complement my wheels well (USA info right in the product details page if you even looked? ;)).

Some of those other companies you’re referring to, beyond just the ones that rebrand alibaba items, make their production customers the beta testers... Let me tell you from first hand experience how it’s not cool when you get your product you preordered and they forgot to add parts to the package so they send a follow up shipment to all preorder customers a few days later (MPP), and/or they’ve never tried installing it on a AWD car so the install instructions become way more complicated and need to be updated after you receive item (MPP), and/or it actually interferes with autopilot and they send you the new product and text you every day asking for feedback (Bandit)... or the product just straight up isn’t compatible with your device when the marketing says otherwise unless you send it back (Jeda)... Note: MPP and Bandit have improved and quickly iterated. I‘ll buy and have bought from them again. Just note that what’s happening here is that UP isn’t just making you the beta tester by default.

Anyways I really like the unplugged company if that’s not apparent. And I think your comment implied that they’re just waiting for items abroad, which is not true.

It’s not hard to find the CEOs email if you really have some type of problem... but that should be like a last resort move... just call them during business hours and report back to the rest of us on this thread. Lol. I’m done with this thread and turning off email notifications for a while.

Ok, bye.

• Funny
Reactions: SD_Engnr
@roguenode,

When did you order? We’re you pre-order? Let me know what you think and can give a review after install.
(i.e. difference from OEM stock bars).

Ski

I ordered July 17th. I won't be able to get them installed until mid-August due to travel. Near as I can tell most people with them already have aftermarket springs or c/o's. My suspension is stock (P3D), so I'll post my impressions once they're on the car.

Both UP, and MPP have had their growing pains with bringing parts to market, but to imply that UP does not make their production customers their beta testers is wrong. Get out to the track, browse the forums more, and talk with the folks running UP products. You'll quickly find that they've had issues getting their products right. These are paying customers who end up being beta testers, and either have to fix the issues themselves (new springs for coilovers), go with a different product (different brand of lowering springs; different set of coilovers), or deal with so-so fitment (front lip). This is a bigger issue than "forgetting" a part (which wasn't the case) or dealing with long lead times (I waited 6 months for my MPP coilovers!).

The real difference between the two companies is that MPP has years of experience on the track (Sasha Anis), works closely with other experienced drivers (Cameron Rogers), and understands how to develop parts that will work best for the car. UP on the other hand, relies on others to do the work for them (CFD analysis), and little actual experience on track (rely on beta testers, or consulting with Mr. Pobst). I do like what UP is doing as far as getting parts to market, and "hosting" track days for Tesla's, but they should really focus on getting parts right the first time, rather than just being the first to market.

Oh, and you can not beat the customer service from MPP! No else is answering emails/phone calls/IMs/IG chats with questions about thier product the way MPP is. I've had my car at 2 different shops, and both times they had questions for MPP and were able to either call them up, or email and get an immediate response to their questions. In fact, just this morning I got an email from MPP checking in to wish me luck at the track this weekend, and provided recommended coilover settings.

So, while I like what they're both doing, my wallet votes for MPP.

Oops, back to the original topic - sway bars... Eibach has been developing a set of sway bars, but the timeline for release is unknown.

The rear that I ordered arrives in Monday. I'll have it on promptly but the next autocross event is not until mid August. I can only run one bar due to scca rules and my suspension is stock P3D. I'd like to add adjustable shocks but again due to the rules I have to use the stock springs and not aware of any on the market yet that I can do that with.

Rear bar installed. Super easy, bolted right up, 30 min taking my time with hand tools. Fit and finish is superb. Blue color stands out a bit, I wonder what service will think? Stock bar on the P3D is 20mm vs the standard 16mm listed on the unplugged website. Not sure how much difference I will notice at 22mm. Have it on the lowest setting to start and will try the different levels at the next couple of events. Wonder if I should start on the medium setting since the bars are closer in size.

Reactions: SD_Engnr