TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Unplugging Mobile Charging Connector -> Blue Ring?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mbhforum, Jan 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Occasionally, when I go to press the button on the Mobile charging connector, instead of getting the white ring to release the connector from the car, I get a blue ring. Does anyone know what this means and why I am having trouble sometimes?

2. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

When that happens to me, I find that the car is locked. When I unlock the doors I get white ring.

3. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Nope that's not it. I found another thread with someone with similar issues. The advice was to hold button a few seconds and it turns from blue to white. It happens to being charging now so perhaps this is by design and it's my first time unplugging when charging?

Am I unplugging the wrong way?

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Yes, it can take a moment sometimes. I think the car may be waking up or just thinking about things.

5. David29

David29 Active Member

With my second generation Wall Connector, I find it works very reliably if I make sure the door is unlocked by touching the door handle, and then touching the release button briefly. Then it takes a second or two -- I wait to hear the "clunk." When it is charging or preheating, sometimes I have to hold the button longer, or hit it a second time.

• Love x 1