Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unpopular Opinion: Aero Wheels Look Nice!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a fan of the Aeros for multiple reasons, including the look. I ordered them on my pending White/White MYLR. I don’t dislike the Induction wheels, but with the Aeros, I get extra range and softer ride. If I want a different look, I can get different covers, or a second set of wheels and tires for only about $1,000 more than spending $2,000 for the Induction.

Recently received the 22 Model Y LR, and I gotta say, the aero wheels actually look pretty good! I was convinced from the photos that I was going to take them off asap and perhaps change out the rims, but the stock looks quite good with the blue body color.

Am I the only one here or do other people like em too?
I think both the old Aeros and the new ones look fine. I also have a sneaky suspicion that if Tesla had more conventional wheels and some OEM came up with the Aero wheels idea everyone would be saying how hot and wonderful they were, and why didn't Tesla do something that smart! :)

Reactions: Baluchi and WhiteWi
I love the Aeros. I always loved the Aeros on the Y, and was mostly on board with the 3’s Aeros before the refresh. But after the refresh, i think the 3 Aeros are awesome.

I also dislike the wheels underneath the covers on both cars, so it all works out.

I didn't know so many people could be so wrong!!!!:eek:

Just kidding. But I am in the "hate them" category. Truck delivered my Model Y to my house, I drove it into the carport and removed them. I have a set of Volks sitting on a ship off the coast California right now. Can hardly wait!!

I love the functionality of the Aeros but the covers have to go. I am replacing the covers with Rimetrix which I think make them look very nice and there is no hit on range. *not sponsored*
Laminar-Side-1620x1080-1.png

I pulled mine off as I prefer #nakedGeminis and had planned to pop the aero covers back when I did road trips, but never bothered. Any increase in range is minimal enough that it doesn't impact charging stops on the road. They also capture a lot of road crud that stays on the wheels.
Agree! I’ve struggled to understand the appeal of black rims. Growing up in the 70s, black wheels just meant a missing hubcaps, and the inductions have that aesthetic. In my opinion, the Gemini aero covers look much better than the induction wheels (and cheaper!) but really look best without the covers. I’m honestly surprised I don’t see more Geminis without covers on the road.

Agree! I’ve struggled to understand the appeal of black rims. Growing up in the 70s, black wheels just meant a missing hubcaps, and the inductions have that aesthetic. In my opinion, the Gemini aero covers look much better than the induction wheels (and cheaper!) but really look best without the covers. I’m honestly surprised I don’t see more Geminis without covers on the road.
Black is new chrome.