Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unpopular Opinion: Aero Wheels Look Nice!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree! I’ve struggled to understand the appeal of black rims. Growing up in the 70s, black wheels just meant a missing hubcaps, and the inductions have that aesthetic. In my opinion, the Gemini aero covers look much better than the induction wheels (and cheaper!) but really look best without the covers. I’m honestly surprised I don’t see more Geminis without covers on the road.

Maybe part of this is an age thing. Like you said, black rims remind me of missing hubcaps back in the old days. I like the Gemini covers, especially on the white Model Y. Otherwise you're looking at black tires and black wheels, which just seems like a "black hole" in space.

Reactions: andaconda
I have wondered the same thing.
There is something about the sheetmetal cover aspect and being BLACK that turns me off. I much prefer variations on the spoke look.
It feels like somebody took a cheap can of spray paint to the wheel.

Do people like the looks of flat black refrigerators over say the stainless look maybe some but not the majority of the population.

Reactions: jsight
Lol you have 20 inch wheel option. What else you want? After market is not that expensive either if you compare to 60+k you paid for Y.
If I want chrome wheels I should not have to go aftermarket and I for one am tired of hearing “if you paid 60+ it should not be an issue” rationalization.

It’s also 30% worse for me since all my funds come out of an IRA because I have tax withholding.