Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unpublished Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Preparing for a recent road trip with plugshare.com I came across a level 2 charger (green) icon where several posters had stated that since Feb. 25th 2017 it was an operational Tesla supercharger station. No photos had been posted, so the treasure hunt was on.
To my pleasure, I confirmed their posts and charged at this unpublished supercharger in Naples, Florida
Bayfront (Coming Soon) | Naples, FL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
Most likely this one hasn't been made official because the final permits have not been approved.

Since my visit, plugshare has removed all but my checkin comment and photos.

I wonder how many more working superchargers there are out there that haven't been published.

Preparing for a recent road trip with plugshare.com I came across a level 2 charger (green) icon where several posters had stated that since Feb. 25th 2017 it was an operational Tesla supercharger station. No photos had been posted, so the treasure hunt was on.
To my pleasure, I confirmed their posts and charged at this unpublished supercharger in Naples, Florida
Bayfront (Coming Soon) | Naples, FL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
Most likely this one hasn't been made official because the final permits have not been approved.

Since my visit, plugshare has removed all but my checkin comment and photos.
That Supercharger has been discussed here (Supercharger Station in Naples) since July 2016 and has been on Supercharge.info for quite some time.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Sorry to duplicate info, I didn't know this has been previously discussed.
Not a problem. There have been some Superchargers that aren't discovered until Tesla lists them on their site but this one has been discussed for a while now.

Personally, we found the Supercharger in Brush, CO, while it was still under construction. We submitted the info to Supercharger.info and they listed it there. We went back a few weeks later and were the first ones to charge there on the morning of 12/31/2016 (well, after the Tesla employee tested it out) before it was officially listed on Tesla's site. It was cool to see the meter just above 0. :cool: That Supercharger didn't show up on the Tesla navigation before we got there but IIRC, it showed up while we were charging.

I didn't know where to put this post, so moderators, please put this post in the right thread if this one it's not appropriate, thanks.

My question is about the supercharge.info site having, or not, problems with the map. I don't know for you guys, but here in Portugal, both at home and at work, the map (googlemap) doesn't want to open since this morning! Is this a local problem (from here) or are you experiencing the same? Thanks.

I didn't know where to put this post, so moderators, please put this post in the right thread if this one it's not appropriate, thanks.

My question is about the supercharge.info site having, or not, problems with the map. I don't know for you guys, but here in Portugal, both at home and at work, the map (googlemap) doesn't want to open since this morning! Is this a local problem (from here) or are you experiencing the same? Thanks.
Yes, it looks like Google updated the API and the page is throwing JavaScript errors. Hopefully @BlueShift will be able to address the issue soon.