TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unrequested remote diagnosis

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by M3DM, Mar 26, 2020.

1. M3DM

M3DM Member

Anyone ever get a text from Tesla saying that they'd done a remote diagnosis and that the car requires an appointment at a SC?

Just happened to me and I've had no issues so it came out of the blue. I'll contact them tomorrow to try find out more but got me puzzled :/

• Like x 1
  2. Durzel

Durzel Member

Very curious. How is an appointment going to work while this lockdown is in effect?

3. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Tesla can ping your car to check to see if it has an issue that has been reported on similar builds.

Will discover an issue even before you would experience a problem.

Very proactive.

• Informative x 1
  4. M3DM

M3DM Member

The date they gave me is a few weeks away (4th May). Presumably it gets pushed back if the lockdown is still in place.

The appointment automatically appeared in my app but I can't seem to find any info in the various menu options about what the work is regarding.

• Like x 1
  5. M3DM

M3DM Member

Yes, it's good if that's what's happened but I have a nagging doubt this has been sent to me in error which is why I was interested to try find out if any other owners had received a similar text.

My car is a M3P which was delivered 2 weeks ago in amongst thousands of others in this quarters push so you'd have thought if there was some sort of recall there would be more mention of it on here?

6. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

try replying to the text sometimes they respond quickly

• Like x 1
  7. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

sadly they have already started pushing back appointments, so add a month onto existing appointments if they haven’t been pushed back

8. Jeeves

Jeeves Member

In conversation with someone at the SC, I was told that the cars tell them when there is a problem and they contact the owners in response to schedule an appointment. Never happened to me, but pretty cool I thought.

9. ACarneiro

ACarneiro Member

Very cool and yet..... somewhat unsettling.

• Like x 1
  10. j1mgg

j1mgg Member

I thought garages were still allowed to stay open, that is basically what a SC is, is it not?

11. Andy_T_73

Andy_T_73 Member

I think sales are closed but garages for repairs are allowed to open.