Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unresponsive driver window. Reset options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The driver window on my 2017 Model X has stopped functioning. It's basically stuck in the ⅛" - ¼" down position it goes to when the door is typically opened. Is there a way to reset this to regain functionality? I've got a 300 mile drive ahead of me today & would greatly like to resolve this before leaving.

Please excuse me — I've been scurrying around trying to get ready for this drive & and didn't take the time to think things through. I appreciate your taking the time to try to assist.
Thanks for that. Sorry for the troubles and can relate. Hope it gets worked out soon.

How about a window position reset?

Press down button and hold for 10 seconds.
Press up button and hold for 10 seconds.
Press down button and hold for 10 seconds.
Is that a 3rd option (to be added to the above wiki) that you got from Tesla or somewhere?
jIctGJc.jpg

Thanks for that. Sorry for the troubles and can relate. Hope it gets worked out soon.

Is that a 3rd option (to be added to the above wiki) that you got from Tesla or somewhere?
jIctGJc.jpg
Didn’t have an opportunity to try the mysterious 3rd option.

Had an “interesting” drive yesterday with it being very windy & the window cracked open slightly, totally nonfunctional.

Went to the car this morning, and the window miraculously was back to functioning normally. I don’t have an explanation, but am very thankful the gremlins are gone. My drive back home today was much more enjoyable.

Thanks to those who tried to lend a hand.

Reactions: scottf200