Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Unscientific range test - 2021 Audi Etron Sporback

I did a totally unscientific range this weekend with our 2021 Etron Sportback. Charged to 100% at an Electrify America station and traveled 149 miles to another EA station on the California Coast. Mostly freeway driving between 75-80mph with the AC on for most of the drive (85+ degrees ambient temp for 3/4 of the drive.) We made 3 stops prior to reaching our final destination. Elevation change was nominal start to finish.

ABRP had us arriving at the EA station with 25% charge remaining - car and Audi app showed we had 33% left. So - mostly freeway driving 75-80mph with the AC on and our range was just a bit better than advertised by Audi. I was really surprised that we still achieved the advertised range at the speeds we were driving with the AC on.

Again - not a scientific or controlled test - but the car really performed well.

wind, outside temps, elevation?
Well - the keyword is unscientific. That said. I started around elevation 200'aboev MSL and ended around 20' above MSL - over the 149 mile journey. A couple of short climbs of 500' or so - over the pass into the SF bay area and then heading out of SF towards the coast.

Temps most of the way around 85+ - down into the high 50's at my final destination.

Winds most of the way were 15-20mph out of the northwest (according to Weather Underground historic record). I would estimate 120 miles of the trip had those winds. I was traveling west.

That's the best you're going to get from me on conditions. I did have a great ceviche for lunch.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC