Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unsold Model 3 sitting in lot awaiting buyers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla made large batches of varying configurations and bulk shipped them in Nov and Dec 2018. These Teslas - mostly 3s - are sitting in large lots near rail yards in most major US cities. Tesla did this knowing that all new production after the first of the year would be shipped overseas to China and Europe.

Reactions: Big Earl
Yes. I did just that in late December. I purchased Model 3 from inventory to take advantage of the Federal Tax Credit.

As it was a December build without EAP, they needed a few days to configure. In that time, they prepare pro-forma MVPA for us to apply for a loan, provide final MVPA to secure the loan, and assign delivery manager to hand over the keys.

I've only heard of same day delivery, but I'm assuming that's with Tesla financing.

Yes it is, unfortunately our M3 got totaled. We went to Tysons and made the request for the features and we got one.

It takes longer to do the paperwork Tesla's way, that drug out for days but we now have the car. Back when we waited years for the car the paperwork was a non factor. Buying one off the lot, that paper process gummed up the works. We weren't in a rush so it was not that big of a deal.

Stock car, off the lot. 4 miles, not a demo unit.
m3 delivery.jpeg.jpg

Yes it is, unfortunately our M3 got totaled. We went to Tysons and made the request for the features and we got one.

It takes longer to do the paperwork Tesla's way, that drug out for days but we now have the car. Back when we waited years for the car the paperwork was a non factor. Buying one off the lot, that paper process gummed up the works. We weren't in a rush so it was not that big of a deal.

Stock car, off the lot. 4 miles, not a demo unit.
View attachment 375149

Sorry about the totaled car but congrats on the new car! Have you tried to negotiate any discounts since it was an inventory unit or no chance of a discount if it is not a demo car?

Sorry about the totaled car but congrats on the new car! Have you tried to negotiate any discounts since it was an inventory unit or no chance of a discount if it is not a demo car?

Didnt try for price break but I dont think they play that game still.

I did go back to them since they lowered the price $1,100.00 after the close. Our settlement was also after the close. I got home and saw the electrec article on line. :mad:
No reply from Tesla emails.

We just picked up an inventory Model 3 that was the exact specification we wanted (actually they had every permutation we would’ve wanted). It took a day and a half from deposit to delivery. Put my deposit down at 6:30pm and picked up the car the following day at 3:3pm.

We did Tesla financing, which probably made it easier. The whole process was amazingly quick.

We just picked up an inventory Model 3 that was the exact specification we wanted (actually they had every permutation we would’ve wanted). It took a day and a half from deposit to delivery. Put my deposit down at 6:30pm and picked up the car the following day at 3:3pm.

We did Tesla financing, which probably made it easier. The whole process was amazingly quick.
Congrats on the new ride! I am guessing no price adjustment (discount) since it is not a demo/loaner car?