Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unsolicited service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone enlighten me?
I received, out of the blue, two texts from Tesla, one of which reads

We have noted there are some outstanding items for your vehicle. Whilst these are not urgent, we have provisionally booked you an appointment for 09/04/2021. Should you wish to have these carried out later, then please cancel or amend the appointment via your app. Best wishes, Tesla Park Royal..

I have had no problems, made no service requests, so rather puzzled. Is this a routine service due, or some sort of fix for a known issue?
The car is approx 18months old (Sept 2019) a M3P- with some 8300 miles.

Any advice appreciated!

Adrian [email protected]

We were notified by Tesla that one of our cars had some outstanding issues. We took it in and they checked the wiring harness or something similar. I guess they had a batch that weren't installed 100% correctly and they were being proactive and scheduling service so that they could fix the issue before it became worse. They checked our car and confirmed everything had been installed correctly. Others have been contacted about upgraded (better cold weather performance) charge ports, etc. but we already had that installed in 2020 so we didn't need ours replaced.

Reactions: adrianL
Can anyone enlighten me?

We have noted there are some outstanding items for your vehicle. Whilst these are not urgent, we have provisionally booked you an appointment for 09/04/2021. Should you wish to have these carried out later, then please cancel or amend the appointment via your app. Best wishes, Tesla Park Royal..

I have had no problems, made no service requests, so rather puzzled. Is this a routine service due, or some sort of fix for a known issue?

Any advice appreciated!

Adrian [email protected]
It’ll be the wiring harness underneath the windscreen. Some 2019 cars had insufficient water ingress protection, so Tesla have been proactively rectifying it when cars have gone in for other work.

If the cars haven’t been seen, as I guess yours hasn’t, I guess they’re making a point of doing it.

Thanks to both respondents. I tried the .gov site but only got this

Check if TESLA MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE AWD....... has outstanding recalls

We don't hold information about manufacturer's safety recalls for TESLA MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE AWD ......
To find out if your vehicle has any outstanding safety recalls, contact a TESLA dealership.

Nice idea, Medved, but sadly no cigar! I wonder if it is some sort of recall? I wish Tesla were as communicative as this forum; I'd have tried them direct, but they are a nightmare to contact!

It’ll be the wiring harness underneath the windscreen. Some 2019 cars had insufficient water ingress protection, so Tesla have been proactively rectifying it when cars have gone in for other work.

If the cars haven’t been seen, as I guess yours hasn’t, I guess they’re making a point of doing it.
That sounds pretty plausible. No problems, but good to get things fixed before there are, especially in a rainy country! Many thanks.

Just to add to this theory my car is in the affected time period, but I’ve had no problems nor a contact from Tesla to have the loom fixed.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Any advice appreciated!

Adrian [email protected]

It will be the recall that was never a notified recall. They've been dealing with cars as they come into the service centres for other work. It relates to the position of the wiring harness at the front of the car. Unless the the harness is repositioned/rectified there is the possibility of water ingress resulting in multiple warnings including temporary failure of the power steering. It's obviously important to get it done!

Reactions: adrianL
It will be the recall that was never a notified recall. They've been dealing with cars as they come into the service centres for other work. It relates to the position of the wiring harness at the front of the car. Unless the the harness is repositioned/rectified there is the possibility of water ingress resulting in multiple warnings including temporary failure of the power steering. It's obviously important to get it done!
Thanks very much, very helpful. I've had no problems with this end of the car though a year ago I had a bootful of water, apparently due to a misfitted rubber seal. I'd better get the front end looked at soon!