Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unstable on 2019.12.1.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 2019.12.1.1, the software has been extremely unstable for me, it hasn't improved on 2019.12.1.2
I drive about 3 hours a day, and there isn't a day lately where the screen freezes, or wrong information starts to show (would show car is parked when I am driving 60mph); music freezes, lag on GPS, etc... luckily car keeps running and I can reboot as I drive; but it's very unsettling obviously, especially when running autopilot.

I haven't seen many reports of this around here, it's not a common problem for you guys?

Reactions: MMBTUS
Since 2019.12.1.1, the software has been extremely unstable for me, it hasn't improved on 2019.12.1.2
I drive about 3 hours a day, and there isn't a day lately where the screen freezes, or wrong information starts to show (would show car is parked when I am driving 60mph); music freezes, lag on GPS, etc... luckily car keeps running and I can reboot as I drive; but it's very unsettling obviously, especially when running autopilot.

I haven't seen many reports of this around here, it's not a common problem for you guys?
Sometimes a background maps update, pending or in progress, can lead to odd, transient behaviors with or without a firmware update. It’s a huge file. Just speculating.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you get it resolved.

2019.12.1.2 has been extremely stable for me.

Reactions: M109Rider
Mine does all the same things. Service told me there is nothing they can do. Just want for a future firmware update to hopefully fix... I missed that in the marketing materials, ugh.

I think every smart phone, smart device, and the computer in this smart car has glitches. I think anyone who can't handle software glitches, should NEVER have purchased a car that runs on a computer like this one.
You folks need to wait 3-5 years when the bugs are all long gone.
Otherwise, you get to be first adopters of these cars, and live with the nuances, plus, and challenges that go along with a software driven car. ......

I think every smart phone, smart device, and the computer in this smart car has glitches. I think anyone who can't handle software glitches, should NEVER have purchased a car that runs on a computer like this one.
Otherwise, you get to be first adopters of these cars, and live with the nuances, plus, and challenges that go along with a software driven car. ......
Meh... Or they could just push out less buggy software... At least not push out software that causes car computers to reboot randomly causing loss of readout and functions while driving... Or market the car as beta so people know what they are getting into.

• Disagree
Reactions: M109Rider and dloop

Calm down dude, no need to be so defensive; just asking around how prevalent the problem is to know whether it was a software issue or possibly a hardware malfunction that needs serviced.

You folks need to wait a few years to come on these forums if you can’t handle simple questions without getting all patronizing.

2019.12.1.2 has been very stable so far in both our M3 and MS. One way commute is about an hour and I've had this update for just over a week. Having had a MS for 2 yrs I have learned that when I have a bad update, I need to reboot (sometimes twice) and typically things settle down. I have had updates that never worked themselves out and then I just had to wait for the next one. I have never had an update that gave me any concern about using the car. There have been times that I have had problems when the majority of other owners have had good experience on the same version. Our MS does tend to have more issues and I'm always wondering if it is AP 2.0 that just can't process things as well as 2.5.

Mine hang and crashed daily. I have dashcam and have been listening music from my usb drive recently as well. I’ll remove my music usb drive tomorrow to see if that’ll make a difference. It’s good to know that others have similar issue. It’s a software issue rather than hardware. Thank you for the post!