Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unstoppable high speed wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little bit of ice in the wiper area made the wipers stick for a bit. Hit the spray button to see if that would help. They exploded out of the wiper hidey hole at max speed.

Strange thing was that nothing I did to the wiper settings could stop them. Max speed, couldn't spray or turn them off. Had to put the car in park at a light and pretend to get out, and that did it. Fine after that.

Worth a bug report I bet? Not very safe!

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
How do you shut off the wipers. Today in the snow and ice it made the windshield worse going on in auto. I don’t know how to completely stop them. There is the 3 alternate speed settings but no off.
We need an off setting ... have I missed it?

How do you shut off the wipers

The blue button above the speed/auto selector.

Screenshot_20191112-001947.png

I had a similar problem with my X
In a heavy snow they only operated at high speed. I was able to turn them off and manually single wiped the windshield.
I called service and they changed the sensor. I think it’s better but haven’t had a heavy snow yet.

Little bit of ice in the wiper area made the wipers stick for a bit. Hit the spray button to see if that would help. They exploded out of the wiper hidey hole at max speed.

Strange thing was that nothing I did to the wiper settings could stop them. Max speed, couldn't spray or turn them off. Had to put the car in park at a light and pretend to get out, and that did it. Fine after that.

Worth a bug report I bet? Not very safe!
I would report it regardless in the future, and they can choose what to do with it.

Also, besides not having auto on, in the winter, when parked, and you know freezing precipitation will be present, use “Wiper Service Mode”, under Service. This will keep them out of their tucked position, and allow you to defrost them, along with the windshield, through the app.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dave EV