Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unsworth Vs Musk defamation trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved how Elon managed to trick the media on his way into the courthouse using a decoy car. Can't believe the TeslaChart guy flew down just to witness the trial, his level of obsession is kinda scary and I'm glad Elon surrounded himself with security today. Looks like Elon's team had a superior opening statement today over plaintiff, and having a good strong first impression on a 5 day trial is a good thing.

The word you were looking for is defamation. Well, hopefully.

450px-Stress_Strain_Ductile_Material.png

Mod: I routinely fix speeling and grammer errors in thread titles. I fixed this one but have left all the "deformation" discussions. I particularly like @KarenRei's one, since I remember performing that experiment in my industrial arts class in 1972. --ggr
I'll see you in court!

The Defamation Act 2013 (c 26) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, which reformed English defamation law on issues of the right to freedom of spelling and the protection of reputation.

• Love
Reactions: ggr
Oh, I didn't realize you had to be able to log in to read it. I used to read tweets without an account.

Here is badly formatted, and you have to read in reverse order, from today by @RMac18, Ryan Mac, who is the journalist who published Elon's "Off the record" email. I don't think he's unbiased. He can only tweet during breaks, I think this is it for today.
[URL='https://twitter.com/RMac18']

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
27m

Oddly Stanton never said this on the stand because Unsworth’s legal team never asked. A huge missed opportunity. Back in court now.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
27m

Remember that musk’s defense is heavily reliant on saying that Stanton asked him to build the tube, which is true. Stanton is just saying now the tube would have never worked based on video he saw. He hasn’t even seen the tube or met Musk in person.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
29m

He said that Musk showing up at the cave system with the tube, which clearly would not work, was “showboating.” He did not have nice things to say about the tube and wouldn’t even call it “a submarine.” He wouldn’t comment on the “pedo guy” statement.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
31m

Rick Stanton actually gave a quick interview to reporters after testifying. He was the main diver in communication with Musk who asked him to build the tube. He said that the pod was never going to work and was not built to specification. It was never going to work he said.

Show this thread

@RMac18
·
41m

Hi please invest in my startup JUSTBALLS DOT COM
Quote Tweet

nheyAIt5_normal.jpg

Ryan Mac

@RMac18
· 48m
Y’all gonna love this. Defense brings up a march 2018 email from Birchall using the Jim brickhouse name and email when he was trying to buy a web domain for Musk. The domain Musk wanted to buy was http://justballs.com. Terms were never agreed and they never bought it.
Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
42m

Next up on the stand: plaintiff Vernon Unsworth. See you guys on the other side.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
43m

The next witness up was cave diver and hero Rick Stanton. Tbh he didn’t do much for either side besides establish Unsworth as key to the rescue. Both sides got stonewalled though Spiro came off looking particularly owned after getting multiple tellings off by the judge.

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1202363631238647808
[/URL]

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
4h

Musk’s defense continues to frame the “pedo guy” insult as a tit for tat matching Unsworth’s insult. While Musk regrets tweeting it, he still maintains that it was never meant to be taken seriously or interpreted as an accusation of pedophilia.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
4h

On break. Spiro began his direct questioning by establishing that Musk was asked to be at the cave dive site by a diver named Rick Stanton. They want to establish that what Unsworth said about Musk being asked to leave was “a lie” as Musk said.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
6h

Courtroom is now open so everyone’s filing inside. We’re expected to pick up with Musk’s attorney Alex Spiro questioning his client on the stand then plaintiffs will get another opportunity to question. More updates at the break.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
6h

A member of Unsworth’s legal team, one of Lin Wood’s sons, comes in carrying a printer in a box. He says they broke their other one last night.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
7h

Unsworth in a pink shirt and pinker tie just entered the courthouse with the majority of his legal team about 3 mins after Musk.

Show this thread

Ryan Mac

@RMac18

·
7h

Back at court for the Musk defamation trial. He just entered the court. Im getting oddly good at timing these entrances and exits. This will be my Day 2 thread.

Show this thread

https://twitter.com/RMac18

Gee, per that first pic in RyanMac's blog - that shows Mr Musk and his 'boys' entering....there sure are some really weird shoes/socks/pantcuffs or something going on in that photo - esp. the two on the left. Take a look.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Status
Not open for further replies.