Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unsworth Vs Musk defamation trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahahaha, Unsworth is going to regret it when he sees how much Elon's lawyer charges.

Is Ars Technica melting down yet? They love Elon so much over there...

Yep pretty sure all the legal scholars over there are having a rough time of it. They were so sure he would be found liable, just like they were sure the SEC would lay the smack down. Musk has definitely brought some of that scorn through his actions, but I'm also convinced a certain amount of it will always be directed at successful people, particularly billionaires.

It's an outdated insult, similar to how using several synonyms for gay people used to be used as a pejorative not that long ago.

Pedo was absolutely used as an insult for creepy old guys in the 90s in Australia. In fact, when I was in highschool in the 90s classmates were called a Pedo if they dated girls in the year below. I had a friend in high school who was young for his year, was dating a girl in the year below who was a couple of months older than he was, and he still copped the comment. Go figure.

The point being, it was used as a pejorative, not a statement of fact.

Ditto my experience in the 60/70s in South Africa.

But Australia is very strange..... when I lived there in the 80/90s, you could go to a party where the women were in the kitchen (!) And the men elsewhere. When I hung around the food table (in the hallway) to meet/ chat up women the blokes used to ask me if I was a 'poofter' or something similar.

Seriously weird!

• Informative
Reactions: CorneliusXX
  • Informative
Reactions: EinSV
100k/min is 6million an hour. assuming just 40 hours a week thats 240mill a week, or 12 billion a dollars in earnings per year.
so... no.
Assuming musk actually 'earns' a billion a year (probably right in the long run?) thats 2.7mill a day. Thats a lot but still...if he can win rather than lose even a 6 million award against him, its actually good use of his time, even forgetting it would be good PR to win, compared with losing.

Good PR win..like all those articles praising Elon for calling a guy a pedo the past three days from CNBC.

Reactions: aaron0k
I kinda feel sorry for Vern, TBH. OK, he was wrong in what he said to start this whole thing, but after that he was sucked-in by the ambulance chaser, money-grabber.
Didn’t you read Vernon texts I posted ?

He is a scamster, trying to make money off his 15 minutes of fame, with no shame. He is literally saying he will make the people actually risking their lives for little or no reward suffer for not keeping him in the loop.

After reading that - I’ve Zero respect for the guy. In fact he seems to be the typical expat used to exploiting the local people in the colonial way.

Interestingly this concluded federal lawsuit was the result of incidents that occurred only 17 months ago. Meanwhile, 39 months ago Tesla filed a federal lawsuit against Michigan officials for blocking Tesla stores and service centers in the state 62 months ago. We are still awaiting a trial which is supposed to occur in a federal court in a Michigan district..

Of course the Michigan matter has hugely more significance regarding Tesla, Inc. than the trial involving Musk that ended yesterday. If Tesla wins in federal court, it could set a favorable precedent regarding similar circumstances in other states.

Does anyone here know when this Michigan case is going to be tried? It's supposed to be a jury trial. One might wonder if the favorable verdict yesterday for Musk provides a clue as to how a jury might react toward Tesla in Michigan.

Last edited:
Interestingly this concluded federal lawsuit was the result of incidents that occurred only 17 months ago. Meanwhile, 39 months ago Tesla filed a federal lawsuit against Michigan officials for blocking Tesla stores and service centers in the state 62 months ago. We are still awaiting a trial which is supposed to occur in a federal court in a Michigan district..

Of course the Michigan matter has hugely more significance regarding Tesla, Inc. than the trial involving Musk that ended yesterday. If Tesla wins in federal court, it could set a favorable precedent regarding similar circumstances in other states.

Does anyone here know when this Michigan case is going to be tried? It's supposed to be a jury trial. One might wonder if the favorable verdict yesterday for Musk provides a clue as to how a jury might react toward Tesla in Michigan.
Last I read, February is next date of stuff happening.

I thought they already blocked him, what happened to that?

In any case I actually think all TSLAQ activity and identities (including twitter handles and everything) should be completely, absolutely ignored at this juncture in Tesla history. In my opinion there is nothing gained by mentioning them (unless say they get sued or something material occurs regarding them).

You and I ignoring those haters in this echo chamber means nothing. They are being supported by main stream media journalist scumbags like Russ, Dana, Linetter, Laura, Charlie etc..

This is just playground rules 101. Unsworth was the small kid who launched an unprovoked kick to the shin of the biggest kid in the playground. He knew very well what he was doing before mocking, embarrassing en humiliating Elon on CNN, giving the first blow.
Elon retaliated, but if you kick the big kid you shouldn't be surprised if he knocks you senseless with one blow.
And you don't go crying at the principals office if you started the fight. If you can't handle the retaliation, you shouldn't provoke a fight.

Have been trawling and reporting many $TSLAQ this weekend, it really is a cesspit of hatred and ugliness, can't imagine how depressing life must be when you're so filled with bile.

Anyway, what is amusing is how they turn on each other when it doesn't go their way - Lin Wood is apparently the "idiot of the day".

upload_2019-12-8_15-56-3.png

Does anybody know what the requirements are that would allow a retrial?

Elon Musk could face retrial in ‘pedo guy’ case | TheLiveFeeds.com
A very good rule of thumb for parsing the multitudinous articles on this subject has been to notice whether the first reference to Unsworth has been with the incorrect descriptor “diver”, and whether the descriptor of the verbal donnybrook begins with Unsworth calling Musk’s efforts “a PR stunt”, rather than with his telling him where to stick his submarine.

This article ticks both those boxes.

A very good rule of thumb for parsing the multitudinous articles on this subject has been to notice whether the first reference to Unsworth has been with the incorrect descriptor “diver”, and whether the descriptor of the verbal donnybrook begins with Unsworth calling Musk’s efforts “a PR stunt”, rather than with his telling him where to stick his submarine.

This article ticks both those boxes.

I get that they have some facts wrong, but do you think that they made up that the lawyer said he is going to file for a retrial in the next couple weeks?

I get that they have some facts wrong, but do you think that they made up that the lawyer said he is going to file for a retrial in the next couple weeks?

Doubt it, lawyers do this sometimes to get their name in the media, and as a thing to show off with without it leading anywhere in the end. He might file it though, but I doubt it leads anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.