Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unused Mobile connector bundle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had bought a second one - one for car, one for home. Just installed a wall charger so I'm willing to part with the newer unused one. Probably the only time it has been used is when the service center checked it out during service. From Tesla it goes for $550 +tax +shipping. Looking for $500. I'm in San Diego if you're local.

Note - this contains the 2 plugs and the 1772 adapter.

Just an FYI, but the 1772 adapter doesn't have anything to do with the UMC. The J1772 adapter would only be used to enable a Tesla to charge with non-Tesla EVSE equipment (instead of the UMC).

Normally it would cost $95 just for the J1772 adapter so it seems like a good price if you are offering it with the UMC. I'm not in the market for another UMC but if I was, this would be a good deal!

Just an FYI, but the 1772 adapter doesn't have anything to do with the UMC. The J1772 adapter would only be used to enable a Tesla to charge with non-Tesla EVSE equipment (instead of the UMC).

Normally it would cost $95 just for the J1772 adapter so it seems like a good price if you are offering it with the UMC. I'm not in the market for another UMC but if I was, this would be a good deal!

Yes and no "see below" Every Tesla is shipped with the J1772 adapter in the charging bundle. You can buy any of the other adapters separately as well. But if selling it as a "complete" UMC bundle then the J1772 should be included.

Mobile Connector and Adapters
Get up to 29 miles of range per hour with the included standard charging equipment:

• Mobile Connector (20 foot cord length)
  • Adapter for standard 110 volt household outlets (NEMA 5-15)
  • Adapter for higher power 240 volt outlet (NEMA 14-50)
  • Adapter for public charging stations (SAE J1772)
You can simply plug into an outlet to charge. Installing a 240 volt outlet provides more power than a standard outlet to charge your Tesla faster.

Learn more about charging equipment

Reactions: bkp_duke
Yes and no "see below" Every Tesla is shipped with the J1772 adapter in the charging bundle. You can buy any of the other adapters separately as well. But if selling it as a "complete" UMC bundle then the J1772 should be included.

Mobile Connector and Adapters
Get up to 29 miles of range per hour with the included standard charging equipment:

You can simply plug into an outlet to charge. Installing a 240 volt outlet provides more power than a standard outlet to charge your Tesla faster.

Learn more about charging equipment
That doesn't say it is part of the UMC bundle, just that it is included as standard charging equipment with the car.

It is ! if you are selling this as a "complete" UMC bundle then the J1772 is part of that.

Yes, every car comes with a J1772 adapter that can be used for charging but it doesn't connect to the UMC and isn't part of the UMC bundle.

It is not part of the "complete" UMC bundle here for $550: Model S/X Mobile Connector Bundle

I do see it sold separately here for $95: Model S/X SAE J1772 Charging Adapter

Last edited:
That doesn't say it is part of the UMC bundle, just that it is included as standard charging equipment with the car.

Yes, every car comes with a J1772 adapter that can be used for charging but it doesn't connect to the UMC and isn't part of the UMC bundle.

It is not part of the "complete" UMC bundle here for $550: Model S/X Mobile Connector Bundle

I do see it sold separately here for $95: Model S/X SAE J1772 Charging Adapter

I stand corrected! That said throwing it in would add value to a potential buyer perhaps?

Just checked it again. It contains:
Rocketship - yes, I'm willing to ship. Do you have a FedEx/UPS account? Otherwise we can "guesstimate" the amount. If serious, I can box it up and take it to UPS to get the amount. I do ask that we make this a "friends" PayPal transaction to avoid the fees. Let me know if interested by PM and I'll send my PayPal info.

Reactions: tccartier