Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unusual collision warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving to work today, slowing down to stop at a stoplight on a 4 lane road, no one in front of me, and the collision warning alerted suggesting that there was a car there. There were some cars executing a left turn crossing in front of me, but they were quite far away. The only thing I could think of is that the 2 red stoplights made the car think there were brake lights illuminated in front of me. Very strange...

I was driving to work today, slowing down to stop at a stoplight on a 4 lane road, no one in front of me, and the collision warning alerted suggesting that there was a car there. There were some cars executing a left turn crossing in front of me, but they were quite far away. The only thing I could think of is that the 2 red stoplights made the car think there were brake lights illuminated in front of me. Very strange...
Probably the cars turning in front of you.

I just took delivery of my P90DL a few day ago and I have experienced a similar issue essentially from the beginning. Basically the warning for an object (non-existent) just to the left/front of the driver's side headlight shows up. Usually it happens when I am at a red light with a slight curb (maybe 8" tall) to my left and as I begin to drive it gives me the "STOP" warning. After i go above about 7MPH, still driving along the same curb/median the warning goes away. It will also do it on occasion when I am at a stop-sign or light with nothing at all to my front left. Maybe just an overly sensitive sensor?

I just took delivery of my P90DL a few day ago and I have experienced a similar issue essentially from the beginning. Basically the warning for an object (non-existent) just to the left/front of the driver's side headlight shows up. Usually it happens when I am at a red light with a slight curb (maybe 8" tall) to my left and as I begin to drive it gives me the "STOP" warning. After i go above about 7MPH, still driving along the same curb/median the warning goes away. It will also do it on occasion when I am at a stop-sign or light with nothing at all to my front left. Maybe just an overly sensitive sensor?

Tesla has a TSB for using too much paint on the parking sensors. It's like a ghost object randomly shows up. Your car is fairly new, I would've assumed they fixed that by now on new cars, but you may want to call service and see if your car qualifies for the TSB.