Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unusual Numbers on the Charging Screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
873DAA4E-E9CF-4342-A105-57E34F96F39F.jpeg
Hi All,

While charging today I noticed some unusual numbers that intermittently change on the charging screen. The numbers appear between the depiction of the battery pack and the “Set Limit” button. Not only do the values change but they also appear and disappear intermittently.

I haven’t noticed them before and there is no indication as to what they mean. For all I know they have always been present and I just zoned out. I am also not sure if they appear during Supercharging or not.

Does anyone else know what they mean? Is it just a bug? I’ve uploaded a free shot for reference.

Thanks!

View attachment 369615
Hi All,

While charging today I noticed some unusual numbers that intermittently change on the charging screen. The numbers appear between the depiction of the battery pack and the “Set Limit” button. Not only do the values change but they also appear and disappear intermittently.

I haven’t noticed them before and there is no indication as to what they mean. For all I know they have always been present and I just zoned out. I am also not sure if they appear during Supercharging or not.

Does anyone else know what they mean? Is it just a bug? I’ve uploaded a free shot for reference.

Thanks!

It sometimes happens, usually depends on how many people are at the supercharger the time to charge updates. It also might be the supercharger itself not transmitting the KW rate to the tesla properly either. If you go to another supercharger and the same issue is occurring it might be your Tesla is having a problem receiving the charge rate MQs.

• Disagree
Reactions: Snowstorm
I have had this before and rebooted the MCU. I think this is a memory corruption issue.
This is exactly what it is. Here are two threads on this exact issue. That line is supposed to be where it displays the number of amps it is using, what the kW power rate is, and the miles added in the current charging session, but most of the characters are missing.
Missing characters on screen
Missing characters

Reactions: MorrisonHiker