Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unusual steering wheel vibration and noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car 3 weeks back. Last night as I gently accelerated (after stoping at a red light ), there was an unusual vibration on the steering wheel ( not subtle) accompanied with what appeared to be noise coming from front left tire. Has anyone else experienced this? I letft a voice mail with the service center and waiting to hear back.

I tried driving around trying to replicate the problem for about 30 mins after it happened and could not.

We are planning on a 1k+ roadtrip shorty - should I be worried?

Reactions: markn455
Traction control? Grasping, but again no conditions mentioned.
Thats a great point! And im hoping that is it. It did rain earlier in the day and the roads were wet. The road was particularly crowded as well so possibly had a film of oil. I did feel the "knocking" from front left wheel. Doe any one know if traction control will cause the shaking all the way to the steering?

Thats a great point! And im hoping that is it. It did rain earlier in the day and the roads were wet. The road was particularly crowded as well so possibly had a film of oil. I did feel the "knocking" from front left wheel. Doe any one know if traction control will cause the shaking all the way to the steering?
Traction control will cause a knocking vibration. Most noticeable at low speed. If the road was slippery, that could have caused it.