TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Unusually high mileage on new Model 3

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SoCaLKPK, Apr 19, 2018.

1. SoCaLKPK

SoCaLKPK Member

Hi guys, I just received my final delivery paperwork for my car to be delivered this Saturday. I noticed the car has 50 miles on it already. This is my first Tesla, but it seems unusually high for a new vehicle. Has anyone else experienced this with their Model 3 or other Tesla models? Is there any chance someone else had this vehicle before me and Tesla is selling it as “new”? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

2. kengchang

kengchang Active Member

That's standard on paper miles, nothing to panic about

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Active Member

I think the 5o miles is just a generic value reported to the DMV when doing the registration.
    I saw some previous similar reports on this forum.
    I will try to search for it.

4. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

Yes everyone’s paperwork says 50 miles on it. When I took delivery I believe my odometer actually read 18 miles. Think of it as a good thing if the odometer reading is a little higher than you would expect. I’m pretty sure a chunk of that 18 miles on my Model 3 was Tesla picking my car at random at the end of the production line and doing some quick QA testing on it.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Same on my X. Car actually had 3. It’s a standard to be sure that the actual car WON’T have more than the paperwork. Then they’d be in violation for being inaccurate and understating.

6. adaptabl

adaptabl Banned

50 miles, Mmybe a joyride by an employee?

• Disagree x 3
  7. GWord

GWord Member

It does get driven some during the manufacturing and delivery process. I've had access to three "off the truck" Teslas and each one has had sub 20 miles on the odometer. I have to imagine that if the post manufacturing test drive indicates any rework necessary, you might get a car with immaterially higher mileage, hence the swag of 50mi.

8. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

50 miles on paper, actual was 7 at delivery. it's all good!

• Like x 1
  9. SoCaLKPK

SoCaLKPK Member

THANKS everyone! I was super worried but sounds like standard operating procedure. :)