Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling Official Invite in LA on 3/31 in Evening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More accurately:
They sometimes livestream these events, and other times they just make it reporter only and it kinda sucks. When they do livestream, often the quality is "meh" and the server load capability is also "weak". Hopefully it will be different this time.

The last SpaceX launch was streamed through Livestream and Youtube, instead of just Livestream. Perhaps they will do the same here so there would be multiple options. Don't know how much better or worse Youtube is at scaling streams to thousands of viewers compared to Livestream.

The last SpaceX launch was streamed through Livestream and Youtube, instead of just Livestream. Perhaps they will do the same here so there would be multiple options. Don't know how much better or worse Youtube is at scaling streams to thousands of viewers compared to Livestream.
I can't speak for LiveStream, but Google has hundreds of thousands of servers in data centers around the world to support their various services, to include YouTube. I'm pretty sure they can handle anything Tesla can throw at them without even pushing the average CPU/memory usage up any noticeable amount.

GoogleServers.JPG

Beautiful data centers. So jealous...!

My wife bailed on going. I will be driving from San Diego for the event. Accepting offers by PM only if you want to go. Can pick you up at your hotel within reason.

Thanks for those that expressed interest, but it was suggested I invite Doug who runs this site as he was looking for an invite. We are going together so my ticket is gone.

I will report any interesting happenings and I am sure they will livecast EM's speech.

I can't speak for LiveStream, but Google has hundreds of thousands of servers in data centers around the world to support their various services, to include YouTube. I'm pretty sure they can handle anything Tesla can throw at them without even pushing the average CPU/memory usage up any noticeable amount.

View attachment 114404

Beautiful data centers. So jealous...!

download.jpg

Sorry.....I'm in IT........

Meanwhile, the lone moderator of the Model 3 Forum gets...
View attachment 114630
That's a fair request. Though hundreds of us would like to be someone's +1 for the Model 3 reveal, those who have an extra guest spot might consider being generous like Reeler and offer the slot to a TMC moderator. And as the Model 3 forum moderator, TEG is an outstanding candidate. Pass it forward!

That's a fair request. Though hundreds of us would like to be someone's +1 for the Model 3 reveal, those who have an extra guest spot might consider being generous like Reeler and offer the slot to a TMC moderator. And as the Model 3 forum moderator, TEG is an outstanding candidate. Pass it forward!

Someone help TEG. Anyone else have an extra ticket?

Not from what I heard. According to the staff in the Dallas store, they don't expect to be allowed to accept reservations until after the CA reveal event has occurred.

That would mean they won't accept reservations until at least 9pm CST on MAr 31 since the reveal event begins in CA at 7pm PST and could be later on Tesla time. I read that they will start to accept store reservations after 10am PST and then only reservations will commence after 8:30Pm PST

Fact is, we probably will not know until we are staring through the glass at the gallery. Sight unseen is fine with me.

That would mean they won't accept reservations until at least 9pm CST on MAr 31 since the reveal event begins in CA at 7pm PST and could be later on Tesla time. I read that they will start to accept store reservations after 10am PST and then online reservations will commence after 8:30Pm PST

Fact is, we probably will not know until we are staring through the glass at the gallery. Sight unseen is fine with me.