Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate it when people type in all caps but this seems to be appropriate:

THERE IS NO STREAM/FEED/LIVE ANYTHING.

At 5pm Tesla will post a blog update and Elon will hold a 30 minute Q&A with journalists. There is no indication that will be available in real time to the public. Then the journalists will rush to post their stories online and no doubt make a number of factual errors.

I think it possible that Tesla will release a video online about the new "product", whatever it is. It may appear on this page Updates | Tesla

Is there a feed or most recommended source to monitor for a live blog of the event?

Is there a place to watch the announcement? I don't see a link at ir.teslamotors.com

Link to the live reveal?

5PM Pacific... now on to hitting refresh on every news outlet.

All Tesla Vehicles Being Produced Now Have Full Self-Driving Hardware

Self-driving vehicles will play a crucial role in improving transportation safety and accelerating the world’s transition to a sustainable future. Full autonomy will enable a Tesla to be substantially safer than a human driver, lower the financial cost of transportation for those who own a car and provide low-cost on-demand mobility for those who do not.

We are excited to announce that, as of today, all Tesla vehicles produced in our factory – including Model 3 – will have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver. Eight surround cameras provide 360 degree visibility around the car at up to 250 meters of range. Twelve updated ultrasonic sensors complement this vision, allowing for detection of both hard and soft objects at nearly twice the distance of the prior system. A forward-facing radar with enhanced processing provides additional data about the world on a redundant wavelength, capable of seeing through heavy rain, fog, dust and even the car ahead.

To make sense of all of this data, a new onboard computer with more than 40 times the computing power of the previous generation runs the new Tesla-developed neural net for vision, sonar and radar processing software. Together, this system provides a view of the world that a driver alone cannot access, seeing in every direction simultaneously and on wavelengths that go far beyond the human senses.

Model S and Model X vehicles with this new hardware are already in production, and customers can purchase one today: https://www.tesla.com/autopilot

Before activating the features enabled by the new hardware, we will further calibrate the system using millions of miles of real-world driving to ensure significant improvements to safety and convenience. While this is occurring, Teslas with new hardware will temporarily lack certain features currently available on Teslas with first-generation Autopilot hardware, including some standard safety features such as automatic emergency breaking, collision warning, lane holding and active cruise control. As these features are robustly validated we will enable them over-the-air, together with a rapidly expanding set of entirely new features. As always, our over-the-air software updates will keep customers at the forefront of technology and continue to make every Tesla, including those equipped with first-generation Autopilot and earlier cars, more capable over time.

Is there anyone in the San Francisco Bay area that can track this Model X down and see if it's any different? Looks like it's at the Fremont location.

I found it and about a dozen others (8 S and 4 X) that have my spidey sense tingling.

BTW, these cars don't have DA02 option listed...and do have a few new option codes listed. :cool:

I bet some are going to go APE after hearing today's announcement. :D

Like I said earlier. People are going to go APE! Maybe I should've written APE1?

I guess nobody figured out what I was hinting at for the past few days. :confused: New cars don't have the DA02 code and have new codes such as APE1, APF1, APH0. That AP prefix made me awfully suspicious it would be autopilot related.

• Funny
Reactions: SD_Engnr