Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is likely unrelated, but it is interesting that the wording for the Model 3 reservation page just changed. Perhaps a remote possibility that the announcement will spur new Model 3 reservations and they are actually trying to set expectations correctly?
IMG_7021.JPEG

It is likely unrelated, but it is interesting that the wording for the Model 3 reservation page just changed. Perhaps a remote possibility that the announcement will spur new Model 3 reservations and they are actually trying to set expectations correctly?
View attachment 199014
Likely anyone who reserves now and anyone outside of the US who reserved already will not see 2017 deliveries. For them it's been changed to production begins 2017. Whereas current reservation holders in the US can log into their mytesla and see deliveries begin in 2017 still.

The Tesla page is horribly slow today, though, if you try it.

View attachment 199014

I agree with @JeffK I think they're just letting people who may reserve today know where they'll be in line.

My "MyTesla" page has not changed.

• Helpful
Reactions: SΞXY P100D
Tesla will need to develop a charging method for a lot of buyers who rent or cannot install HPWCs. There is no way the Supercharger network will be practical even if its size is doubled. This is after speaking to a lot of interested reservation holders who haven't even thought of how they will charge the thing. Hoping the unveiling has something to do with home charging.

I'm new to these kind of announcements. Is there a preferred time range that Tesla prefers for publishing these announcements? In other words, what time are you guys expecting the details to come out tomorrow?

Don't get to excited. When it's small like this it's Elon on the phone with some press and then tweets go out. Most of the time it's a let down because we all get so excited.

Reactions: gastowatts
Maybe not these 400k people who can commit to buying a 35k base price car years ahead, but eventually buyers who live in apparment buildings without private charging options will become BEV buyers. Will they be house wives (stereotype, sorry) who have time to make it to the nearest CCS/SUC to fill up? Car enthusiasts happy to have late night drive to do?
Home charging will become more and more important a factor working against BEV's as they get more common and affordable. The car sharing thing may even exacerbate it. Lower and lower income people will drive BEV's.

So some sort of a threshold-reducing home charging product will eventualy be needed anyway for Tesla. And if not home charging, why not a charging station that is bolted (welded) to a street light? It's got power, it's fixed long the road side. I feel pretty smart now. Oh, BEV's get the nicest parking sports, under lights. No parking here for ICE's and Hydrogen cars.

This may be a long shot, but it may be something worth starting now so that it can be refined when it's time for full roll-out.

The Official Tesla "Uber App" that allows any Tesla owner that qualifies to use their car for ride-sharing. I know that I would check a Tesla app before an Uber app.

Think about it.
1. It will let current owners earn money to pay down their monthly payments.
2. Would be a great marketing tool. All drivers would rave about their cars. People would get to experience them.
3. Just some line of code and Tesla has a new revenue source.
4. Start to build the user base before the roll out of the fully autonomous app.
5. Perhaps even daily car rentals as well through the app. I would rent a Tesla for a day or two to test.

Maybe not these 400k people who can commit to buying a 35k base price car years ahead, but eventually buyers who live in apparment buildings without private charging options will become BEV buyers.

There's no commitment to buy and the $1k is fully refundable. A lot of people who live in apartments can afford that and are among the people who have reserved.

And if not home charging, why not a charging station that is bolted (welded) to a street light? It's got power, it's fixed long the road side. I feel pretty smart now.

That's a great idea.

Reactions: Cloxxki