Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unveiling on Oct 17th

What's your best bet on what Tesla will reveal on Oct 17th?

• Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 233 36.4%
  • Model 3 - Part 2 (better-looking face, Head up display driving w/o wheel etc)

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • Non-performance 100D (world's longest range EV)

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • 65 kwh/ 80 kwh battery for Model S/X (60/75 will be removed)

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Model Y (small SUV)

Votes: 72 11.3%
  • Tesla Semi

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Tesla Bus

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Tesla Pick-up truck

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Faster/better supercharger (200 kw charging, or charging snake)

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Iron Man metal suit

Votes: 69 10.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, is it something about Model ≡ ONLY for this announcement or is it ALSO an additional one that is not expected?

He did say before today's tweet, and before the date was changed,:

Tesla product unveiling on the 17th (unexpected by most)

So there has to be some relation to a "product" tied into this part 2 of the Model 3 reveal.

Is that product "Tesla Vision" which incorporates AP2.0?

BTW-where do we see this announcement? Tesla website?

Elon Musk says Tesla will announce ‘Model 3 part 2’ at 8PM ET
"We don’t know if the announcement will consist of a blog post on Tesla’s website and a Q&A conference call or as a full-fledged video presentation — but we do know that press are not in attendance."
I've been looking on Twitter, and it seems no one else knows where this announcement will be made. Seriously????? Plus, Elon said there would be a 30 min Q&A after. The announcemnt is 5:00 Pacific, and the Pres Debate is 5:30 Pacific. Not to mention the Cubs are playing the Dodgers at the same time. Monday would have been MUCH better. Oh well, I think I'll feed the family popcorn for dinner and just take it all in.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Elon made another ambitious announcement of them starting Model 3 production even earlier,

I'll say it again: Musk would be crazy to do that, Wall Street would crucify him if he missed the new date by 30 seconds. Not saying he isn't a little crazy, but I'd expect him to wait until the Model 3 was actually in pilot production to make an announcement.

I've been looking on Twitter, and it seems no one else knows where this announcement will be made. Seriously????? Plus, Elon said there would be a 30 min Q&A after. The announcemnt is 5:00 Pacific, and the Pres Debate is 5:30 Pacific. Not to mention the Cubs are playing the Dodgers at the same time. Monday would have been MUCH better. Oh well, I think I'll feed the family popcorn for dinner and just take it all in.

Announcement will likely be blog post and media content. Followed by phone press conference for journalists.

So maybe the product is the Model 3, and the "unexpected by most" is the second part of the reveal being earlier than expected but doesn't relate to the product part of the tweet, since there's nothing unexpected about the Model 3 itself.
That is my guess yes.

Also come to think of it, Elon never said the Model 3 unveil is only a 2-parter right? It could be a trilogy :D
It could be a 5 part trilogy. It would not be the first time he does that :)

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike