Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

unwanted cabin overheat protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the last couple of weeks ive noticed that there is some kind of cabin overheat protection on in my model 3, while i disabled it from the moment that i got the car.
I first noticed that during a very hot period my car would not fall asleep while parked in the sun. Indoor temperature would not exceed 39 degrees celcius (102F) while it should be way hotter inside.
At that moment i blamed it on the high temperature, and battery pack protection, but why the cabin stayed below the 39 degrees was a mystery. i observed it for a couple of days and every time 39 degrees seemed to be the max, and the car stayed awake during the day in the sun.
today the car is outside on a relative cool day (20C / 68F), but in full sun. Again that 39C max interior temp... untill the battery dropped below 20%. now the car is 56C / 133F inside and COP seems to have stopped. normal behavior for the standard COP... but i have that disabled. Why is it doing this? more people with a similar experience?

ps: sorry if this has been discussed before. I searched but didnt find a compareable thread.

I've had this happen once before restarting MCU fixed this issue.
location So Cal... you must have experience with high temps ;)
I have this problem for multiple months now (just didnt realize it wasnt normal for some time). I have done a couple of soft resets in that time, but those havent worked. What kind of reset did you do? Hard reset, or power off?